lubricants

Started by alantani, December 07, 2008, 05:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

I went to order another gallon of CorrosionX oil and I saw they have their grease available. I bought 2 14oz tubes and they were just under $11.00 each.

It's green like the oil and very slippery. About the same consistence as Yamaha Marine grease.

I used it today on 2 Penn International 50TW's and it feels and works just fine. It is a tad thicker than Yamaha grease.

At least it mixes with CorrosionX oil very well. I wonder why..!!

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

steelfish

nice find, tell us how it works in the long run

The Baja Guy

Mudman

Going to order some yamalube soon from amazon, turns out it's $11 shipped on there. Not too bad but that corrosion X grease has my interest.

Anyone ever try the Lucas Oil Marine grease? Could have sworn I'd seen a comment on here saying it was really tacky. Wouldn't that be good in the sense that it's coating the inside of the reel?

handi2

I've heard the Lucas grease is good also. It will work just fine. You just need different consistencies of grease for different application's.
Gulf Breeze, FL

ReelCurious

For someone just starting out in this game, here's an overthinking it question for you.  What grease gun do you prefer?  Just got the grease kit from the Boss.  Was going to snag some Yamaha grease but I need some Corrosion X lube anyways so I might grab the grease with it.  Any guns you guys like over another?  Any reason to not just snag the cheaper prettier one on Amazon?

Mudman

Quote from: handi2 on November 13, 2015, 01:15:53 AM
I've heard the Lucas grease is good also. It will work just fine. You just need different consistencies of grease for different application's.
Thank you. I wanted to try that, because it's already in a 3oz tube and NLGI II as well.

Quote from: ReelCurious on November 13, 2015, 01:18:40 AM
For someone just starting out in this game, here's an overthinking it question for you.  What grease gun do you prefer?  Just got the grease kit from the Boss.  Was going to snag some Yamaha grease but I need some Corrosion X lube anyways so I might grab the grease with it.  Any guns you guys like over another?  Any reason to not just snag the cheaper prettier one on Amazon?
I only use oil in my guns, of which is a product called Fireclean.

handi2

I wouldn't be hesitant at all to recommend the CorrosionX Grease to anyone. Once I use up all my Inox MX8 grease I will use this grease.

Why not?

It's made to use anywhere any marine grease is used and it's cost effective. I just don't know if it changes color when in contact with saltwater like most other greases. I live on the water (Intercoastal) so I guess I'll try it and see.

I will take one of my reels serviced with the CX grease and dunk it for a few minutes, let it sit a day or two, and check it out.
Gulf Breeze, FL

Dominick

Quote from: handi2 on November 14, 2015, 01:06:53 AM
I wouldn't be hesitant at all to recommend the CorrosionX Grease to anyone. Once I use up all my Inox MX8 grease I will use this grease.

Why not?

It's made to use anywhere any marine grease is used and it's cost effective. I just don't know if it changes color when in contact with saltwater like most other greases. I live on the water (Intercoastal) so I guess I'll try it and see.

I will take one of my reels serviced with the CX grease and dunk it for a few minutes, let it sit a day or two, and check it out.
Would you recommend Brylcream for the hairy parts of my head?   ::) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tiddlerbasher

handi2

Well my hairy parts are getting mighty thin so yes go for it..!! Slick it down..
Gulf Breeze, FL

Shark Hunter

You have no hair left on your head Dominick. Only fuzz. ;)
Life is Good!

bluefish69

Darin

Dominick is a Peach

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Dominick

The raillery on this site is 8). Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

handi2

Quote from: bluefish69 on November 18, 2015, 04:53:09 AM
Darin

Dominick is a Peach

Mike

But he looks like a happy peach..!!
Gulf Breeze, FL

Mudman

What an interesting mission it has been to get some grease. Couldn't find Yamaha grease at a few places locally, so I ordered some on ebay. Come to find out it should have been delivered but I haven't seen it. Looking like it's been lost. Also called a few spots for the spray bottle of corrosion x, everyone has only the aerosol. So I had to order that as well as evinrude grease via amazon. Hopefully they arrives safely.