Ht-100 under Shimano Torium 30 maingear?

Started by codjigger, August 06, 2012, 10:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

codjigger

Hi I saw a tutorial on here where you could place a penn 113h ht-100 drag washer on a trini if you needed more drag pressure. I just wanted to ask before I attempt this on my torium 30 how much drag could I expect from putting the ht-100 under the main gear and can this reel hande such drag pressure I currently have greased carbontex washers in the reel.

franky

Hello codjigger,

I'm not sure where you got your carbontex washers for your torium 30.  However, if you got them from Smoothdrag, they have the carbontex washer that sits under the main gearbox included in the "carbontex kit".  I would just use the carbontex washer instead of the HT-100 113 washer.  They both are corbontex material and you can grease both of them.  The carbontex is probably thinner than the HT100 and it will probably fit better in the overall height of the drag stack.  I'm not sure if this answers your question, but the carbontex one in the kit provides some pretty strong drag pressure.  Btw, what kind of fish are you fishing for?

alantani

that's a funny one. dawn at smoothdrag has a drag washer that goes in the torium set.  i have found that you are limited to 15 pounds of drag with full carbontex set and i am not sure of the reason why.  if you put a slightly thicker ht-100 drag washer under the main gear, then you can get 20 pounds or more.  i am not sure why that is, but i am not the only one that has noted that problem.  

so that's what i do!  
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

codjigger

Ok thanks thats what I will do I'll add the ht-100 because with the smooth drag washers I'm only getting 15lbs

codjigger

Franky, sometimes when im cod jigging I often snag or catch a tuna I just wanted some extra drag pressure since my torium was maxing out at 15#, I just put the ht-100 from the penn 113h and Im getting about 22#!! of max drag now

alantani

something is bottoming out somewhere and i'm not sure where.  i looked and looked and never did figure it out.....   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!