Okuma Solterra 10cs anti reverse

Started by Inspiro, August 11, 2012, 01:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspiro

Hi All

Regarding the Okuma Solterra 10cs, Okuma mentions it has 4BB+1RB, dual anti reverse system, I searched for schematics but couldn't find them.
Do you have any idea about what kind of anti reverse Okuma uses on this specific reel? is it the Amabassadeur style or what? and how reliable are they?
& can I safely use the full 22 lbs of drag?

Reel will be used for medium jigging and some bottom fishing as well

Thanks in advance
Inspiro

rx7240sx

it been a bit seen i opened mine up. but i know it does not have a a/r  Amabassadeur style pawl they are spring loaded. the reel them self have been great for what  i use them for mahi mahi  and kingfish here in the gulf and some nice size grouper .

Inspiro

Quote from: rx7240sx on August 11, 2012, 12:47:19 PM
it been a bit seen i opened mine up. but i know it does not have a a/r  Amabassadeur style pawl they are spring loaded. the reel them self have been great for what  i use them for mahi mahi  and kingfish here in the gulf and some nice size grouper .

Dear rx7240sx
I don't clearly get what you mean, you mean the pawls it has are spring loaded, which means they are not Ambassadeur style dogs??

By the way nice name, a true drifter, or two drifters to be precise!!!LOL

Inspiro

rx7240sx

lol yes i loved them both but my 97 240sx  is the best of them all. the ar pawls are sprung  not Amabassadeur style. i  dont know what you intend to use it for but i would not second guess the a/r pawls it strong if you need me to i can you pics from my  phone  i dont know how to post them on here tho