Tight drag lever

Started by Spungears, August 12, 2012, 03:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spungears

Hello,
         I have a Avet 4/0 that I just did the drag up grade on. I got a lot more drag, but at 22 lbs at strike the drag lever is pretty stiff. I measured the force needed to put it in the stike position at 7 pounds. I was hoping to to fish it at 25 lbs at strike for dropper loop fishing. Also going from the free spool position to bait there is a loud clunk . Does this sound right or have I made an error  putting it back together?  Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance, Mark

alantani

the more drag you want, the harder it will be to force the lever forward.  you are asking the reel to give up more drag than was ever intended.  it will perform to this level, but it will do so grudgingly! ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Quote from: alantani on August 14, 2012, 07:36:45 AM
it will perform to this level, but it will do so grudgingly! ;D

Me too.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Spungears

Thank you for the reply. I had not considered that. I'll have to play with it a little bit. Fish it a a lower strike setting and push it to full as needed.

Thanks again, Mark