1+ artichokes
6 pieces minced garlic
1 lemon
2 tblspn minced parsley
1 stick salted butter
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
½ cup white wine

1.   Trim of spines from each leaf and cut stem off at the base , cut artichoke in half scraping the purple leaves and hairs from inside,  peel stem and quarter, immediately rub with lemon to prevent browning
2.   Steam halved artichokes and stem quarters above heavily salted water 15-20 minutes, until tender, immediately cool in ice water, drain well before butter and BBQ
3.   Mix melted butter, garlic, pepper, salt and parsley.  Cook over medium heat until garlic is fragrant, approx. 5 minutes , add wine and bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes, remove from heat and let cool, we'll warm it later to baste the 'chokes
4.   Prep BBQ for direct medium heat
5.   If butter sauce has cooled (solidified) warm and baste the artichokes and stems with butter sauce, I like to keep the butter on the warming rack to keep it melted, making sure to get it between the leaves
6.   Place 'chokes over direct heat (cut side up) and cook until golden brown on the outside, don't worry if they get toasted (black) only adds to the smokey flavor, continue basting
7.   Turn 'chokes cut side down and continue to cook, watch out for flare ups as the butter runs off, cook until browned

I've done this numerous times, thinking I'd burned them, but the wife says they're better the more toasted they become, haven't toasted them too much so far, so don't be afraid to "really" cook them.  I've found they take longer to cook, than foil wrapped corn on the cob.  When well toasted, no additional dipping sauce is needed, you might need more salt in the butter sauce than listed....thinking of trying asparagus next...
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!