Daiwa TDA 153HSTLA Roller Clutch bearing

Started by danielyyee, August 16, 2012, 11:09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danielyyee

I was given a used Daiwa TDA 153HSTLA reel with some missing faulty parts. Basically the reel doesnt have an anti reverse

Everything in the reel seems to be in good condition but the roller clutch (one way bearing) and the gear collar shaft is gone.
The previous owner threw that 2 parts away before handing whats left of the reel to me. Contacted a Daiwa authorised center for the parts and they said the roller clutch is available at $19, but the dont have the gear shaft collar in stock.

Looking at the schematics http://www.daiwa.com/PartsDiagram/PartsDiagram/TDA153HSTLA.pdf
I would need to replace part no 2 & 51. Can anyone advice me if I should get the original parts from Daiwa or should I just get it from Shelby at isutami, my biggest problem is, I dont have the dimension of the bearing and the collar shaft. Anyone knows?
Thanks in advance.

Nessie Hunter

Order them both from Daiwa, that way you know they are right & will fit...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

danielyyee

That is so true, I had the same thoughts too.
Just looking for other cheaper alternatives, Daiwa quote $19 just for the Roller Clutch bearing, and no available stock on the shaft collar.
If only I have the measurements, Shelby selling it for $4.26 with the collar. Thanks for the input

Nessie Hunter

Quote from: danielyyee on August 17, 2012, 04:56:17 AM

If only I have the measurements, Shelby selling it for $4.26 with the collar. Thanks for the input

BUT, I have seen posts here where his dont fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
Buyer beware!!!

Give Boca Bearing a Email or call.   
They probably have it by reel make model..
http://www.bocabearings.com/bearing-applications/fishing-reel-bearings/one-way-anti-reverse-
Could be much cheaper also???

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

danielyyee

Irish Jigger

Quote from: Nessie Hunter on August 16, 2012, 08:46:33 PM
Order them both from Daiwa, that way you know they are right & will fit...

Take Nessie's advice and get your parts from Daiwa.

danielyyee

THanks mate. I already contacted Daiwa.
They quoted $19 for the One way bearing, but theres no available stock for the Shaft collar.
Will wait for them to get back to me, hope to hear some good news.

mhc

Hi,
No doubt you are aware Daiwa Australia's web site have quoted a 3 month lead time for out of stock parts -  it might be worth trying some local distributors or a US/UK reel repair outlet. (I am assuming you are in OZ by your 'Thanks mate' in the last post  :))

Nessie and Irish Jigger are right, go with original parts unless someone with experience replacing the part can recommend an alternative - the AR system needs to be spot on - not close.
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Nessie Hunter

Keep in mind..
After the Big Tsunami in Japan, a lot of parts are not available at all,  or had to be made (temporarily) at other vendors...
Shimano & Daiwa (& others) have shortages and back logs on a lot of parts, but are doing an excellent job trying to keep up...
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

danielyyee

Quote from: mhc on August 23, 2012, 09:59:39 AM
Hi,
No doubt you are aware Daiwa Australia's web site have quoted a 3 month lead time for out of stock parts -  it might be worth trying some local distributors or a US/UK reel repair outlet. (I am assuming you are in OZ by your 'Thanks mate' in the last post  :))

Nessie and Irish Jigger are right, go with original parts unless someone with experience replacing the part can recommend an alternative - the AR system needs to be spot on - not close.

Nope, I am in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia where most of the Shimano reels comes from lol.
Kinda used to the "Matey" thing from working with my clients in Aust.

alantani

you know, daniel, i was thinking.  many of inner tubes are the same between daiwa and shimano. if you can get me the dimensions, i might be able to match something up. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

danielyyee

THanks for the offer Alan, I'll see what I can do.
Need to find another similar reel to remove and measure the Roller cltuch and collar shaft.

Nessie Hunter

Most Shimano small reel Inner Tubes/Sleeves are the Eared type.
Ears fit into top Drag Plate..
Daiwa - Most are not eared....
There are a few exceptions, but that is the Norm IMO....

Wait it out, get the right parts that fit & work.....
Try some Daiwa Service shops, many carry an inventory of parts also???

IM not close to any of the big Service Shops.   But maybe some here can makes some calls and locate the items for you.   
Then do the A/T Shuffle via mail...??????
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!