Shimano Twin Power C3000

Started by Silent Hunter, August 21, 2012, 08:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Hunter

Could someone please explain to me how to safely remove the rear plastic body protector and sideplate from this JDM reel so that I can access the main gear? It's my friend's reel and I don't want to break anything. It's also the first reel (out of hundreds) that I was unable to "break" in to! It appears that the protector snaps off ( because there are no screws) but I am reluctant to use too much force.     THIS PROBLEM IS NOW SOLVED THANKS!
Silence is Golden

redsetta

G'day SH,
If I remember correctly, there's a small screw on the front of the frame, towards the reel seat, which fastens through into the rear protector.
Also, you'll need to remove the spool/rotor to get the side plate off.
Let us know how you get on.
Good luck, Justin
PS Different reel below (Sustain), but similar in design.
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Silent Hunter

Thanks for your reply Justin. There is no such screw passing through the reel stem as on the Sustain. However there may be a screw underneath the rotor and/or underneath the IAR unit. To further confuse the issue there are no (zero) apparent screws securing the sideplate to frame. I will have to wait until I see the reel again because I told my mate to take it home and burn it. NICE PLACE THAT ACROSS THE DITCH!   Regards,   Clive
Silence is Golden

Silent Hunter

Hello again Justin, I think I'm on the right track now. I found that the Stella 2500FD schematic shows a very similar arrangement. There is a "body flange seal" located under the rotor which hides the screw that secures the rear plastic protector. This RPP hides one of the sideplate screws and the other two sideplate screws are in there somewhere under the rotor (I hope). This is all academic if he's burnt the reel but I know him well and he taught Scrooge (lucky for the reel eh)? I should be able to sort it out now - I will close the thread. Thanks sincerely,  Clive
Silence is Golden

redsetta

Sounds like you've got it sorted Clive.
Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer