More Handles installs....

Started by Nessie Hunter, August 21, 2012, 04:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nessie Hunter

I added a couple (3) more handles to my Resume. 
Total of about 5 or 6 now!!!!  :-)    LOL

I ordered 2 Jumbo handles from Dawn for a customers pair of Tiagra 50 W reels going to Cabo,
(Othan & Pino's Pangas) Plus service & a Trynos 10 II..

And decided to get the Handle blank and Jumbo handle for 'my' TLD 30 II at the same time..
The Blank is longer then stock (for TLD) and that is what I wanted, the added bonus of the Jumbo handle was just more then I could resist!!!  LOL

I could feel resistance in the TLD when in high gear?? 
(OK pinion Bearing or handle to short??) I had serviced the bearing a few yrs ago and it has always felt weak in high gear.  The reason I wanted longer Handle blank...

Decided to check the bearing while I was into it (along with overdue service)...
Everything was fine and looked like I serviced it yesterday!!!

I didnt have the A T bearing packer at last service...  (has the hard shields so didnt remove them) Pressure packed right through the shields ~  Brilliant!!!!
So cleaned out that bearing good with TSI 301, then packed it good & solid with Marine Grease....
Installed the Handle blank & Handle  ~ So easy this way, no Drilling!!!!!
Just amazed at the diff. Feels like a diff reel between the grease pack & handle it is now Awesome!!!   So easy & smooth to crank!!!!

Few small parts ordered from Shimano.  Mostly Rod clamp parts that were missing and a broken Clicker button on the Trynos.....
Hate the wait game for parts!!!!!
LMAO this is classic...    The Rod clamp for Trynos 10 has the holes drilled backwards!!!
The Actual rod clamp that goes over rod, has to go down on Studs part way.. 
Well the holes are backwards, larger hole (part way through) is on wrong side... 
So clamp will only go down on Studs if its on upside down!!!!
Has to go back to Shimano - exchange..   
I could drill it out, but Screw heads are small and it wont work that way either...
Has to be half way large hole, or larger headed screws??? 
Oh Well, what did Forest Gump say ~ Stuff Happens!!!   LOL 

I hope Othan is down in Irvine soon, would be best way to do it (at the counter)...

Pics of the pretty handles..  Thanks Dawn....   I sure like these handles...
You can see I got the Silver for my TLD..   

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Westii

Nice looking handles you got there, Nessie.

Are you wearing a long sleeve white sweater in August?  ;D

Nessie Hunter

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Alto Mare

I thought it was a silk  white shirt :-\ ;D

Frank, I should have kept my mouth shot about the handles, you're spending too much money ;D
Those babies look good though.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Nessie Hunter

Pino's Pangas has updated the web site to include a Plug for yours truly !!!!

FAQ:
Tackle Provided:
All rods built by Dans' Custom Rods 626-665-2695 and all reels upgraded/maintained by Frank Catalano Reel Service 760-900-9827 The boats have been outfitted with my personal gear that is very well maintained.

IM Famous!!!   LOL    ;D    :o
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Dominick

congratulations Frank:  You have made it. The man with the rep.  When are you going down to Los Cabos?  I'd love to fish with you and Mateo.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Nessie Hunter

Quote from: Pescachaser on August 23, 2012, 05:23:08 AM
congratulations Frank:  You have made it. The man with the rep.  When are you going down to Los Cabos?  I'd love to fish with you and Mateo.  Dominick

I had sort of given up on Cabo a few yrs ago.. 
To many Political & Crime problems....

But I have been thinking & missing it a lot the last year or so...
I would love to go down and fish with "O" and his crew...
Would like to schedule a trip when Othan is there....

The kids have been keeping me to broke of late.   
2 separate week long visits in past few months. 
Do you know what it costs to take 5 people (4 tourists) to Disneyland and all the other So Cal places that are MUST DO's for them??
Seaworld, Knotts, Medieval times (dinner show), Gas, Meals, souvenirs & clothes for everyone from everyplace!!  etc etc...   YIKES!!

Ya im in the poorhouse right now....  :-(

WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!