Spaghetti w/ clams

Started by Alto Mare, August 23, 2012, 03:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

O.K. guys, here is a simple but classic dish from our kitchen...it's one of my favorites!
First things first...grab a rake, put on your waders and gather about 4 dozen Little Neck clams (or, just go buy a bag of 50 at your local market)
Soak clams in cold water for a couple of hours and scrub the outside of each
In a saute pan, fry a couple of cloves crushed garlic in @1/4 cup olive oil add a crushed cayene pepper (optional)
Add the clams to the pan along with 1/2 cup dry white wine and cover tightly for @3-4 mins. until the clams open up
Remove clams with a skimmer and set aside
Go outside and pick @2 lbs. fresh tomatoes from your garden (and grab a little fresh italian parsley while you are there). If it's not a good crop this year, just pick these up at the market, too!
Peel and chop the tomatoes. Add them to the pan and saute for @20 mins. on medium heat
Cook spaghetti to your liking (it's very al dente at our house)
While the pasta is cooking, add the clams back to the sauce pan just to heat through @ 2-3 mins.
Strain the pasta well and toss into the saute pan with the clams
Transfer to large pasta bowl, add the fresh parsley and serve immediately (don't forget that opened bottle of white wine to accompany!)
Buon Appetito!

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Dominick

Sal:  I had gluten free spaghetti tonight with sausage gravy then I saw this thread.  As full as I was I started salivating over your photograph.  Buon appetitto.  Your recipe is right on.  Domenico
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

this is the dish i tried to impress my wife with the first time we met.  i didn't know she was allergic to seafood!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wallacewt

which begs the question
did she eat it!

alantani

no, she politely declined, so i had dinner by myself...   :-[
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

That should have been her first hint.   ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

TravHale

saltydog

Looks like a great recipie and will soon try.Thanks.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur