kid's albacore trip - 8/24/12

Started by alantani, August 25, 2012, 06:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

kid's albacore trip - 8/24/12

i overslept.  i've never overslept before but i overslept this time.  it was 7:30 before we splashed the boat at monterey.  

we were supposed to have 2 knots of wind and virtually no swell all morning, but that was not the case.  

this will be yumiko's first fishing trip ever.  boy, what a way to start!  allison and my brother rounded out the crew.  

we were headed out to marv's numbers from yesterday, 30/30, and dropped them in 2 miles short when the water temps took a big jump.  5 minutes later we were rewarded with a double.  we stayed in the general area all day and ended up with 6 fish.  

poor yumiko got pretty seasick, but hung in there.  it was definitely alot rougher than i would have anticipated.  

we had the neighbors over for dinner after we got all cleaned up.  

it was a rough trip for allison and yumiko, but dinner seem to make it all worthwhile!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Rough conditions, but you still did good Alan. Too bad for Yumiko, but looks like she was back in good shape by dinner time.
Thanks for sharing...I got to get on that boat one day.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Nice.

Rough?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 25, 2012, 10:52:44 AM
Rough conditions, but you still did good Alan. Too bad for Yumiko, but looks like she was back in good shape by dinner time.
Thanks for sharing...I got to get on that boat one day.
x2 and at the end of the day this;

couldn't have asked for anything more... :)

Bryan Young

Nice Alan.  glad you guys got out.  Not bad for a late start.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Joel.B

I keep reading these Albi reports out of SC and the canyon, makes me want out there so bad.  I bet I could eat two Albi to myself, sashimi. Cold  Sapporo and I would be in heaven.

Are any charter boats running trips down there. I'd gladly pay $200 for a chest full of white tuna

redsetta

A great day Alan, despite the conditions - well done.
Cheers, Justin
PS Cracker pic Lee ;) ;D
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Bryan Young

Joel, there are several 4 and 6 pack boats running but many are all booked.  Search the internet and call around.  There's gotta be an opening somewhere...you'd think.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: alantani on August 25, 2012, 06:52:36 AM

That's called flat water out of Trinidad, Calif. ;D ;D

Nice reward for the outing. You'll get Yumiko all trained up as a deck hand before she heads home. ::)
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD