penn senator 3/0 112h

Started by plc16, September 01, 2009, 09:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plc16

I hope someone can help!! I tried to clean the reel and ran into some problems nd wound up taking it apart! Big mistake. I've cleaned some reels in the past, never took them apart. And this one was very complicated. I think the pinion is stuck to the spool rod? Is this possible? And/or if I can't do this myself , who can? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, as i am about to pull out my last remaining hairs!!

alantani

ok, here's what you do.   you will have to unscrew the freespool lever to remove the spool with the pinion gear stuck on it.  add any oil to the stuck pinion gear and let it sit overnight.  then get two flat screwdrivers and place them under the pinion gear at the 3 and 9 o'clcock position.  now turn both screwdrivers in a clockwise fashion to lift the pinion gear equally from both sides.  have a friend hold the spool in place.  take care not to damage the pinion gear.  you will need it again later.  ok, the pinion gear lifted up.  now take a wire brush and clean off the spool shaft.  use a piece of curled up sand paper or a close fitting drill bit (careful here) to clean out the inside of the pinion gear.  add corrosion x to both, or add grease if you don't care about freespool.  that should fix the problem and make sure it dose not happen again.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

plc16

Thanks for the response, although I don't think i'm mechanically inclined enough to handle the job. Could I send this to you and take a whack at it? I am not really familiar with the process. Shoud i just send it with a note explaining everything? I guess I should readyour site I'm sure everything is here. Thnks again for the help, i should probably start a little smaller next time!!!!!

alantani

here's the link for shipping stuff out and getting it service.  send it out anytime.  thanks!  alan

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=277.0
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!