Vintage Reels

Started by MauiWes, August 27, 2012, 08:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MauiWes

I still have a few reels that were given to me by my grandfather. The Mitchell 304 was my very first spinning reel at age 3. Eventually, I graduated to the Pflueger Rocket when it came time for me to learn how to cast a conventional reel. The Ocean City was one of his ulua reels and the Sport King was handed to me for safe keeping before he passed away. The fly reel has never been used and is still in the original box with instructions and felt bag. It's hard to read, but the price tag says $4.95. Just wanted to share.

redsetta

Great photos Wes.
Got a few Pfluegers meself, but just Sea Kings/Lions etc - that's the first Rocket I've seen.
Thanks for sharing.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Bryan Young

I have the same Mitchell, at least I still think I do.  I've caught a many papio whipping (jigging with a curly tail, feather,...) and dunking (still bait fishing) in my younger days until I got my first Daiwa BG10.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bill B

Wards Seaking...I still have my dad's Montgomery Wards 13'9" Aluminum three seat boat with the original 9.9 hp Two Stroke Outboard (made by Chrysler), he bought it from the Ventura, CA "Monkey Wards" in 1967 and I got it from him in 1994...the lower end leaks grease, but still an great boat to paddle on some of the smaller ponds here...just need to find someone to rebuild the lower end...the motor is still a Two Pull Two Stroke.
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!