Tica Caiman CA201 drag issue

Started by Lunker Larry, August 27, 2012, 09:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunker Larry

Hi everyone
I cannot get the drag on the TICA Caiman CA201 to be smooth. I used Cals grease first but it was still jerky. Cleaned it up and regreased. No change. Tried oil. Same thing.
What material were these drag washers made out of? Am I not putting enough grease on? Has me stumped and I'm getting tired of taking it apart :D
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

redsetta

G'day Larry,
The Caymans I've serviced didn't have CF drag, but I believe HT-100s fit.
That'd likely solve the problem...
Good luck, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

alantani

if you measure out the drag washers, we might be able to find you a match here.  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=21.0
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Lunker Larry

Thanks for the replies. Guess I'll be buying myself a micrometer tomorrow and see what comes up.
If someone knows from the list Alan posted I'd appreciate it.
First Tica I've worked on. Great help. Much appreciated.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.

Dawn

I've got a set of Carbontex, if you want to call me.

Dawn
Smooth Drag
888-206-4656
Dawn

alantani

dawn, you've got tica drags??  well, larry, there's your answer.  see, this is what happens when i miss staff meetings.....   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Lunker Larry

Fantastic Dawn! That makes life a whole lot easier. I will give you a call later today.

Thanks everyone and tight lines.

Dawn

I've got a few worked out Alan. 
Dawn

Lunker Larry

Got the CF drag washers in the mail and the drag is as smooth as silk now. Thanks Dawn and everyone for your help.