Much thanks......

Started by Panama, September 01, 2012, 11:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panama

I am extending some love and many thanks to Tom (Cortez_Conversions) for being my eyes and ears up north while buying a Newell P322-F.
I found the reel on craigslist for a great price ($150) but could not buy it sight unseen.  Tom was kind enough to meet with the seller, purchase it, and mail it to me.  I got it today and serviced it.  It had no grease or oil and it was not adjusted properly. When I opened it up was also surprised to see that the bearings were opened. Included in the box was an additional chrome reel seat to be used without a seat clamp. Never seen that before for a Newell.
After a little elbow(and)grease it feels awesome!!!!!  Going to get it wet next week.
THANK YOU TOM!!!!!  I am in debt to you!!! Great people here on AT.COM

Anthony

Get on the water, Man!!!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

tom's a good guy.  didn't newell use open bearings for a while?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

bluefish69

Anthony

You got yourself a great deal. That's the Newell that I am looking for but I might have a lead on 2 of these. I will know Tuesday morning.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Panama

Quote from: alantani on September 02, 2012, 03:01:36 AM
tom's a good guy.  didn't newell use open bearings for a while?
Yes he is...I got dinner when we meet.  I didn't know Newell used open bearings. I do know that Keith Gross (current owner of Newell) did not like the idea.  I was happy to see it though, it made my servicing easier.
Quote from: bluefish69 on September 02, 2012, 04:16:08 AM
Anthony
You got yourself a great deal. That's the Newell that I am looking for but I might have a lead on 2 of these. I will know Tuesday morning.
Yes I did. My pockets are light but I had to jump on it.  What condition do you expect those to be in?
Get on the water, Man!!!

Alto Mare

Guys, I'm not a fan of Newell reels, but I know that there are a lot of guys here that are. I just want to mention that there are a few for sale on eBay at the moment, these are listed as buy it now, no auction. Good luck!
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bluefish69

I check Ebay about 6 X a day. I have gotten most of my Newell's from there. Most are original parts & some have been put together from parts laying on the bench.

Anthony

The reel I will be checking are from a counterman in a tackle shop. I only worry about Cracks, other parts I have here.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Alto Mare

I also check ebay every day, I've never seen that many newell for sale at one time. I thought it was a good thing mentioning it to you guys.

Cortez_Conversions

Hey Panama,
I'm happy everything worked out, Karma is a good thing!
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal