ANti-corrosion paint for external reel parts?

Started by Joel.B, September 02, 2012, 04:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel.B

Is there a paint I can spray on the bars/frame/seat on an old 113?

Alto Mare

It's cheaper to buy replacement part. Poweder coating is good, but not cheap, it will still get chipped. Re-chroming is just too expensive.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

OK Joel here is the deal: If you purchase the parts new, they will set you back @ $40.
Here is what I could do for you,: I could send you the stand and rod clamp, all you need to add are the frame posts that Tom ( Irish Jigger ) mentioned above. The cost to me would be $0, you just pay for shipping costs.
The other option is for me to send you the gold narrow frame to match your JVariance plates, this way you'll have 2 reels. You could use your black frame on the old reel and custmize the gold one.I would need $30 for that gold frame though. Just let me know.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Joel.B

Quote from: Alto Mare on September 02, 2012, 07:40:05 PM
OK Joel here is the deal: If you purchase the parts new, they will set you back @ $40.
Here is what I could do for you,: I could send you the stand and rod clamp, all you need to add are the frame posts that Tom ( Irish Jigger ) mentioned above. The cost to me would be $0, you just pay for shipping costs.
The other option is for me to send you the gold narrow frame to match your JVariance plates, this way you'll have 2 reels. You could use your black frame on the old reel and custmize the gold one.I would need $30 for that gold frame though. Just let me know.
Sal

Dang it Sal- I have already been paid for the whole JVariance kit I had. Lost my shorts a wee bit on whole deal but that is what I get for getting excited and ebaying w/o thinking things through.   Very generous offers from you and I am touched.   I have all the parts for the 113h cleaned and ready for grease- I am going to go with a newer set of bronze gears I found since hers were so mottled.   I think it better that I leave her reel in the condition she left it- as long as it works proper I should not care what it looks like- it shows the years of her using it.

I'd like to build up another if I  find one cheap at yard-sale or pawn shop.   

Ron Jones

I haven't completed it yet, but I have my Grandfather's old Diawa spinner that will have some parts gun-coted. I've used it a lot on guns and it resists every solvent and lube I've tried, and it holds up well. Never submerged a rifle in salt water though, I'm in the Navy just not a SEAL!!

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"