Shimano Curado 200 and 200b

Started by unclebass, September 05, 2012, 06:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unclebass

I own several of these reels and maintain them regularly, however there is some noticeable noise from the gears now. Should both gears be replaced as well as the yoke? Thanks Bob

Bryan Young

I would try giving the reel a good cleaning before changing anything.  It may be that you have some dirt in the gears.  If all fails, you can change both main and pinion gears.  The yoke should be fine, but will not know until it is inspected. 

Good luck.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

try changing out the drag washers, then clean out the drag washers and see how the reel performs.   inspect the gears for burrs and then let's see. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

unclebass

I clean and lube all my reels several times a year. I've upgraded the drags and bearings also. Compared to my newer reels the older ones just seem noisy and it sounds like gears to me. I use Ardent reel butter grease and oil. Should I go to a heavier grease for the gears?

alantani

then the only thing left is gear noise.  grease may help a little, but new gears may be the final best answer.  :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!