inshore reel for trout and redfish

Started by rx7240sx, September 08, 2012, 07:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rx7240sx

i think i have worked it down to the shimano stradic ci4 or a daiwa ballistic  has anyone used any one of these? im open to ideas or suggestion

redsetta

G'day rx,
I haven't used the Daiwa, but seen a lot of Stradics and they're great.
Good luck, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Westii

I have the stradic ci4 (3000 size) and it is an awesome reel for trout and redfish.  I have caught some pretty big redfish with it too.  I was going to purchase the 2500 size until I realized the frame was the same size as the 3000.  The 2500 just has a spool with less line capacity.  I use a falcon spinning rod with it and sometimes pair it up with my G Loomis popping rod when I'm using a popping cork.

I haven't used the Daiwa, so I can't comment on that one.  I also have an older Shimano Saros that has caught a lot of trout and redfish too.  That is a great value reel and I really like the new model.  You might want to take a look at that one too if price is an issue.

Rick

rx7240sx

how about the new sustain fg worth the money?

alantani

get a daiwa sweepfire and add carbon fiber drag washers!!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

rx7240sx

well i bought the shimano stradic ci4 and order the carbon fiber drags thanks for the help.

Westii

Nice.  You won't be disappointed.  At some point I might go with carbon fiber drag washers too, but the stock washers have been great so far.

rx7240sx

reel showed up today i replaced the drags with carbon fiber and did a pre service  surprising this reel had some grease in it not like my  stradic fj