Newell 332 parts

Started by Panama, September 09, 2012, 12:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panama

Hey Guys,
I was wondering if any of you have a Newell 300 series dog spring (#3-315) you would like to sell.  I have a 332 with a "modified" dog spring that seems to work but if I want to be comfortable when fishing it, I would like it to be right.  While am at it, it appears that when the dog slipped it wore down (shaved off) the bridge sleeve.  If you have a bridge sleeve (#3-317SB-1) it would also be great.  The one I have in the reel seems to be grabbing fine, still yet, we always want our gear to be as close to 100% as possible.
I know (first hand) Newell parts are hard to come by, so consider this a shot in the dark, but you guys sometimes have flashlights to help shine the way... :D
Let me know.....

Anthony
Get on the water, Man!!!

bluefish69

Anthony

I will keep an eye on this thread. Let me know how you make out in Ca. for the parts. My guy with the 322's looks like a DUD but I will find 1 at a for real price.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

alantani

anthony, i have the spring for sure.  the bridge sleeve is another matter.  i have a couple but they are loose.  i need the exact height to match it up. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

bluefish69

Alan

We have had this posted before  --  There are 2 Bridge Sleeves

1- has a SS washer pressed on this is for a 4 stack drag & the main gear has a groove on it for a drag washer

2- has a flat bottom on the main gear that goes directly on the Bridge Sleeve / a thrust washer between them

alantani

i thought there were three different lengths. 

bluefish69

All the Bridge sleeves are the same lenth for the 200, 300 & 400 series. The only change was the 3 stack & 4 stack / SS washer pressed on & different main gear with the groove. You can't mix the 2 sleeves because of the Bridge stem 1 is square cut & other is angle cut.

alantani

yeah, i remember those old ones.  none of the gear sleeves i have are going to have that stainless steel washer pressed in. 

Panama

Quote from: alantani on September 10, 2012, 11:45:08 PM
anthony, i have the spring for sure...... 
Hey Alan, I appreciate it.  I did make a spring but I would like it to be the right spring.  I will send you a pm with my address. Let me know the cost....
Quote from: bluefish69 on September 11, 2012, 02:00:31 AM
All the Bridge sleeves are the same lenth for the 200, 300 & 400 series. The only change was the 3 stack & 4 stack / SS washer pressed on & different main gear with the groove. You can't mix the 2 sleeves because of the Bridge stem 1 is square cut & other is angle cut.
I have a "brand new" gear sleeve but it is the flat bottom one. I need the angled one. Are you saying that the angle bridge is matched with a 4 stack gear/system?  If that is the case I got the reel with a 3 stack system. Also the gear seems to be pretty tight for the sleeve...It does not slide down without some force ???......
Get on the water, Man!!!