Any Advise for Fishing the Sacramento Delta

Started by Bill B, September 10, 2012, 05:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

Just moved to the Sacramento Delta area...and looking for a place to start fishing....gonna be limited to shore fishing...currently in the East Sacramento/Rancho Cordova area and I believe the American River flows just north of where I'm located...I've seen the Discovery Park area where the American meets the Sacramento River...but it looks a little "shady" and wouldn't want to be there after dark without large caliber back up ;D....brought a 20lb conventional and 15 lb spinner set up...figuring might start looking for any bank access and soak some anchovies..unless someone has any better ideas...thanks for you input....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

i fished the delta once, maybe 15 years ago!   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Any info I give you would be at least 40 years old but the American had some good fishing in the 60's.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Nessie Hunter

I would think the best bet would be to join some local Bass or other fishing boards.
Find some like minded Anglers and Go Fishing..
Cant beat Local Fishing boards for meeting new friends in a new area!!

Some amazing fishing up there!!!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

LTM

Hey Tarfu,

I used to fish the annual salmon run on the American river from the banks; check with the local tackle shops it should be coming-up soon (October time frame).

Leo