Abu Ambassadeur 6000

Started by jiggyjig, September 10, 2012, 09:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jiggyjig

Hi guys,

I've just stripped and cleaned a 6000. I didn't realise the older Ambassadeurs didn't have CT drag washers - so I have ordered these from Dawn, and will be opening the reel up again when they arrive.

On rebuilding the real I find the gear is not as willing to re-engage as before the service - and the left hand side plate sometimes needs a knock to make the gear pinion engage on the spool. The main gear pawl is resetting the clutch - it is just not engaging the pinion on the spool.

Could this be too much grease on the parts - I didn't think I was too liberal with it - or is it a spring issue?

Any advise will be gratefully received. Cheers JJ  ;)

Keta

The pinion gear ID should not be greased.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Nessie Hunter

Agree Keta..   Probably got grease inside the Pinion Gear...

Needs to be clean and very lightly oiled.... 

Also check the Springs, they could be weak or need a little tweaking.

Yoke/spring Posts sometimes get clogged up, make sure they are clean, smooth and very lightly greased..
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

jiggyjig

;D Thanks guys, yes there could be a little Cal's grease inside the pinion - I will clean it and oil it when I put the CT drag washers in. Cheers JJ ;)

jiggyjig

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you all know what you probably know already - Dawn at SmoothDrag is AWESOME.
She has really helped me out with CT washers etc. Really great service.  ;D  ;D JJ

Keta

Quote from: jiggyjig on September 18, 2012, 08:50:51 PM
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you all know what you probably know already - Dawn at SmoothDrag is AWESOME.

Yup!!!
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Nessie Hunter

Quote from: jiggyjig on September 18, 2012, 08:50:51 PM
She has really helped me out with CT washers etc. Really great service.  ;D  ;D JJ

Yes sir.  She is a jewel to have, work with or know...   ;D

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Dawn

Dawn

alantani

take a look at the pinion gear and find where it engages the spool.  make sure there are no burrs on any of the contact surfaces.  it should engage cleanly.  when you assemble the side plate, make sure the pinion gear travels up and down smoothly as well.  the yoke should orient in only one way, but check that anyway. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

jiggyjig

Happy New Year All :D

Problem with the 6000 sorted - had the yoke in wrong Doh!  :-[

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!