PG CS 550 spool bearings

Started by Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B, September 14, 2012, 01:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

guys if you can provide me the bearing dimensions it will be greatly appreciated. i am thinking i need new bearings because there is a front-back-front play with the spool, especially the right side. i hope it's the bearings though. thanks!

Bryan Young

Hi Mel,

I'll pull a reel apart this evening unless someone else responds.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

Thanks, Bryan.  I'm in Carmel right now.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Left- 0.125x0.375x0.155 inches

Right - 0.235x0.472x0.156 inches

Note, the right bearing was measured, but I cannot match it up with any bearings I have so I'm not absolutely sure.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

Bryan Young

Nessie Hunter

Quote from: Bryan Young on September 15, 2012, 10:49:32 PM
The left is 6x12x4 mm

???????????

Left  0.125x0.375x0.155 inches   =  3 x 9.5 x 4 mm

Right    0.235x0.472x0.156 inches  = 6 x 12 x 4 mm
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Alto Mare

Frank, how did you manage to make that clip with one hand :-\, I can barely do it with two ;D.
Good job bud, thanks for sharing.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

One bearing is inch and the other is metric!

Bryan Young

That is correct.  The right side bearing is standard and the left is Metric.  To make things clear, the measurements are:

Right Side - 6 x 12 x 4 mm

Left Side - 0.125 X 0.375 X 0.155 inches

Bryan Young