112hW?

Started by Ron Jones, September 16, 2012, 12:23:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

I believe I can help you out there Bill, just get them shipped to one of your buddy on the block and pick them up when the wife is food shopping or buying shoes ;). Shhh! don't tell anyone ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

George4741

Quote from: TARFU on September 16, 2012, 03:23:35 PM
NYOB----My "favorite and Go To" is a 112H with spacer bars, 20lb test, and a Penn Californian C870C 7' that I bought as a combo from Turner's in Riverside, CA...it will bottom fish, toss irons and live bait way better that my skill set will allow...would love to get two more, but just need to figure how to get them in the house.... ;D....Bill

Bill, what spool do you have in your 112H?

Quote from: noyb72 on September 16, 2012, 07:51:08 AM
Considering I have 30# Big Game coming out the ears, I'll stick with it for a while. Thanks for all the help, now I'm just waiting on the mail man.

Ron
I gotta ask, Ron, what is the mail man bringing?  If you get one of the Tuna Special kits, let us know how it goes.  Also, I would like to know the width of the frame.
Thanks,
George 
viurem lliures o morirem

Ron Jones

Right now all he's bringing is carbon fiber drags. I'm sure I'll get a few other goodies for this one though.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bill B

Looks to be black anodized aluminum (???) with the number 112H-1 on the side.

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Ron Jones

I missed that you bought it at Turners!! I grew up buying stuff at turners. Like, the current store is the "new" store to me. When my friends wanted GI Joe at Toys R Us, I wanted to go to Turners. Funny, I'm still playing with my toys, 40 year olds playing with GI Joe are, well, maybe their is one or two on here so I'll shut up now!!

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

George4741

Bill, That's a nice outfit you have.  I hope you didn't disassemble your reel to get the answer.  Your photos gave the illusion that your reel was a widened version. 
viurem lliures o morirem

Ron Jones

Bryan,

If you have a 505 gear set with 5+1 drag set up laying around and could stick it on a stainless sleeve that would be cool, just give me a quote. I'm gonna give a go at turning a knob and milling a handle on my own. I'm thinking stainless and Koa would look spectacular. I'm debating on reel clamps, I like the idea of the Penn metal ones but I have never seen one.

Thanks
Ron
Ronald Jones
"

Keta

Jigmaster spools are not interchangeable with 112H spools, the 112 slightly larger in diameter.  A Penn 60/65 spool is the right diameter but the shafts are too short to use on a 112. One of these days I'll figure out how to put a 60 width spool in a 112H.  

I have a few 112H reels, one a 112H narrow, I like them as well as Jigmasters for light trolling, not as well for bottom fish or live bait albacore fishing.

George and Sal are giving good advice here.

Sal, SS dogs for Jigmasters and 112H reels are drawn, I need to get some of the right thickness material and then they will be cut.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

George4741

Quote from: Keta on September 17, 2012, 03:27:08 PM
One of these days I'll figure out how to put a 60 width spool in a 112H. 

And when you figure it out, please let me know. ;)  I would also like a narrowed 112H, because I'm a narrow minded guy. ;D
  George
viurem lliures o morirem

Alto Mare

Quote from: George4741 on September 17, 2012, 04:11:32 PM
One of these days I'll figure out how to put a 60 width spool in a 112H. 

And when you figure it out, please let me know. ;)  I would also like a narrowed 112H, because I'm a narrow minded guy. ;D
  George
Yea, same here.
I'm sure that there are a few combinations that we could come up with, I have parts to play with but I do not have any gears :-\.
Jigmaster spools are not interchangeable with 112H spools, the 112 slightly larger in diameter.  A Penn 60/65 spool is the right diameter but the shafts are too short to use on a 112. One of these days I'll figure out how to put a 60 width spool in a 112H. 

I have a few 112H reels, one a 112H narrow, I like them as well as Jigmasters for light trolling, not as well for bottom fish or live bait albacore fishing.

George and Sal are giving good advice here.

Sal, SS dogs for Jigmasters and 112H reels are drawn, I need to get some of the right thickness material and then they will be cut.
Lee, it's great that you're cutting the dogs for the 112H, I'll take the usual. Could you also cut the ones for the Surfmaster or are they too small?

George, I was looking at the 5-66 gear yesterday, you're right, I also agree that it could be pushed to 15lb,. I was thinking Jigmaster gears, that 5-66 is nice and beefy.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Lee, please put me on the list for 112H SS dogs....8 if possible. thanks!

Keta

Quote from: Alto Mare on September 17, 2012, 04:28:31 PM
Lee, it's great that you're cutting the dogs for the 112H, I'll take the usual. Could you also cut the ones for the Surfmaster or are they too small?

I have several 100, 150 and 200 Surfmasters and use them, SS dogs for Surfmasters is on the short list.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Ron Jones

I would love a set or two of those dogs when aailable.

Thanks
Ron
Ronald Jones
"

Keta

It's my second busiest time of the year after lambing season (fishing, deer and elk hunting and winterising the irrigation system) but as soon as things quiet down I'll start back on shelved projects....Sal's job is first on the list.

Mark Twain

broadway

Lee,
     I'm with Mel... I'll take 8 when ya get 'em done.  I love the versatility of this reel.  I troll, bottom fish, and cast it better than my 113h (even though it has bearings.) 
Thanks
Dom