Black 113

Started by Jaredbolen, September 16, 2012, 02:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaredbolen

Ok so I'm still working on getting this 113 up and running. Went and bought a new spool as the original was def spread out. Now with it fully put back together I'm getting a springy left to right movement in the spool and it will engage or hand up when in free spool... What did I miss guys?

George4741

Do you have a thick one-piece spool?  Sometimes they will rub against the bridge as pointed out in this photo.

(Georgia's hand, again ;))

Sometimes the bridge doesn't have the proper bevel for a replacement spool.  You can blacken the bridge with a candle, or something similar, reassemble the reel and see if things are rubbing there.  Then grind or file the bridge for proper clearance.
Good luck,
George
viurem lliures o morirem

Alto Mare

Also, Did you adjust the left side bushing ? You should have very little side to side movement with the spool.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Jaredbolen

Spool looks like the same 3 piece I had before but newer. And I have no left side bushing . There is a screw in cap and a spring. The cap has an oil port.

Keta

Quote from: Jaredbolen on September 19, 2012, 12:40:59 AM
And I have no left side bushing . There is a screw in cap and a spring. The cap has an oil port.

That is the left side bushing.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain