Avet dis-assembly tutorial, video or picture link

Started by skered53, September 16, 2012, 03:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skered53

can the drive side plate assy with handle, etc all be removed by just taking the 3 side plate screws of ( and maybe the two lever stop screws) ?.  or do I need to remove the handle ?  All this bearing failure talk has me wantingto pull and measure the bearings ( or I could order them from Dawn or from Avet)

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

There is a sequence of steps.

First, remove the 3 sideplate screws. Then remove the preset drag knob (while holding the spool shaft from spinning. Now you will have access to the drive area. You will then have to remove the handle, slide out the main gear, and then you have access to the pinion bearing. If you run into any problems, post pics and you question.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

first i remove the arm n handle before the right side plate. just works better for me, just 2 cents...

Bryan Young

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=238.0

There is a method to the madness.  I like to take things apart in the order that I put them back together.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D