Daiwa Lexa 300HS-P Video Service Tutorial

Started by ReelSpeed, September 18, 2012, 02:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReelSpeed

Alright guys, here is another service tutorial on the new Daiwa Lexa.  Good looking reel, with a very nice size carbon fiber drag thanks to the 7.1:1 gear ratio!  Sorry they don't have a published schematic for this one yet... Hope you enjoy!

-Aaron

http://www.youtube.com/v/1mfe78YV4ys?version=3&hl=en_US">http://www.youtube.com/v/1mfe78YV4ys?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="960" height="720" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">

Daiwa® Lexa® High Capacity Baitcasting Reels - LEXA300HS/HSL/HSP
Holding 240 yards of 40lb. Samurai braid - and with a 22 pound drag max, the new Lexa 300 sized reels are built for strong lines and big fish. Salmon, Muskie, Striper, Steelhead, and most flats and saltwater inshore tasks, Lexa 300 sized reels handle it all with a full choice of high power and high speed retrieve ratios.

Features:
New mold with low-profile design.
Lower thumb rest gives greater palming comfort.
Swept handle with weight-reducing cutouts for optimum winding power & comfort.
Aluminum frame and side plate (gear side).
Seven bearing system (2CRBB, 4BB +1RB).
22 pound maximum drag.
Magforce® Cast Control.
Infinite anti-reverse.
Extra line capacity for strong lines & powerful fish.
Counter balanced power handle (300HSP).
Massive, UTD carbon drag gives maximum fish stopping power - wider adjustment range.
Reelspeed Reel Service & Repair
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
(562) 261-5190

wallacewt

everybody can now service that reel.
top tutorial and pictures

saltydog

Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

LTM

Aaron,

YOUR BACK WITH A VENGANCE AARON :o!  Excellent; and I mean excellent tutorial!! Keep up the excellent work and welcome back. I enjoy seeing what tools others use in reel maintenance.  BTW Aaron. lets see some pictures of your work area as some of the other "Heavy's" have done.  Man I like that speed handlle assembly on this reel and would like to put it on a couple of reels.

Thank,

Leo

DocThomasK

Cheers fishing mates,
when will the Lexa schematics been out? Isnt one in the box? Maybe I can get one PDF of the 300HSL-P via mail?
Or plz just need the spare parts numbers for the complete Lexa 300HSL-P frame / handle with knobs and screws.
Hopefully my german dealer can order me this nice part then!
Would like to know why Daiwa left the Lexa 300HSL-P with a disengaging levewind. Would have made a super replacement for my beloved Toro 51 of Abu Garcia if it had a non-disengaging levelwind for norway fishing. Maybe at next modells.

Cheers
Thomas

barkley1956

I have one of these reels apart now. When I took the Magnet Holder Retainer Ring (Key 11) I heard what sounded like a spring unwinding. I now need to get the left side plate opened all the way.  Any leads on how to accomplish it? Thanks in advance!!!

http://www.daiwa.com/Documents/PartsDiagram/LEXA300H-300HS-300HS-P.pdf

johndtuttle

Quote from: barkley1956 on September 21, 2015, 10:26:56 PM
I have one of these reels apart now. When I took the Magnet Holder Retainer Ring (Key 11) I heard what sounded like a spring unwinding. I now need to get the left side plate opened all the way.  Any leads on how to accomplish it? Thanks in advance!!!

http://www.daiwa.com/Documents/PartsDiagram/LEXA300H-300HS-300HS-P.pdf

The left side comes apart easily by loosening the right side thumb screw, then twist the LS plate clockwise to get it off.

Hamachi

Just make sure the dial is at ten or all the way on, then the alignment will be right when put back together and turned back to zero.
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

handi2

These are great reels. I have 4 of them now in different sizes. Very easy to service.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL