avet jx drag lever

Started by mrsnookman, September 18, 2012, 04:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrsnookman

I just got some avets that needed some work, well i took the avet jx apart and as i put it back together i noticed that the drag lever wasnt acting right when i took it back apart and compared it to a avet lx i found that the hex that holds the drag parts in place was  corroded off, so what can i do??

Bryan Young

Are you referring to the hex in the sideplate or in the drive washer (under the preset knob)?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

mrsnookman

The hex coming out of the side plate

mrsnookman

I looked at the  schematic and the male cam (#41) sits on it, it keeps it from spinning

mrsnookman

So is there anything that can be done or is the reel junk now?

Bryan Young

AS I recall, this is in the sideplate, and therefore, will require a new side plate.  I would check with Avet to see if you can buy a new sideplate.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Nessie Hunter

Quote from: Bryan Young on September 19, 2012, 10:04:46 PM
AS I recall, this is in the sideplate, and therefore, will require a new side plate.  I would check with Avet to see if you can buy a new sideplate.

Looks like that to me also??   Good call Bryan...

#51, 51A & 52 go over it......

http://www.avetreels.com/pdf/JX6-3-2spd.pdf
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

mrsnookman

Ok thanks i will call avet to see if i can get a new side plate

mrsnookman

Well the good news is i called avet and they can send me a new side plate for $35 pluse shipping, so if anybody has this problem just give them a call.