9/17/2012 albacore

Started by alantani, September 21, 2012, 06:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

9/17/12 half moon bay albacore

o'dark 30, half moon bay.  great albacore bite yesterday and the day before.  

you all know roger on the right.  our new guy is vincent wong!  been meaning to get him out on the boat for the last few years.  

this morning, we get to use ALL of the electronics, including the FLIR!

my brother rounds out the crew.  

slow pick in the morning.  

8 fish by 1pm, 6 more by 2pm.  filleted as we went along, then scrubbed the boat on the way home.  

kids!  i always tell them to get enough sleep the night before, and they never do!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ron Jones

HOO-YAH BRADDAH!

Looks like good eats.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

G6

Very nice !!!!!! can i come visit  ;D ;D

Irish Jigger

Well done AT, great to see you fishing again.  Nice boat you have there.;D

George4741

Great catch there.  You caught more fish per person than we did on our last 1-1/2 day trip out of San Diego.  NICE.
  George 
viurem lliures o morirem

saltydog

Looks like a great trip and some good eating.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Keith K

Bryan Young

;D :D ;D :D ;DNow, this is the way to do it. ;D :D ;D  :D;D

I'm sure Manny would have taken the heads for crab bait. ;D

Thanks for the couple of pieces.  They were sure yummy. 

Now, my wife normally doesn't eat sashimi, except for maguro (yellow fin tuna or ahi).  So, I had to cook some for them (sorry Alan).  Well, she ate over half of my sashimi.  Darn, I shouldn't have let her taste it...on the other hand, maybe she would let me go fishing for Albacore now whenever I want...hmm ;D
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Joel.B

Man that looks like a great day!!

Alan can you share some tips on your success?  I'd like to know what gear you used, water temp, trolling speeds etc,

i'd also like a few pounds for sashimi and some to BBQ in red miso sauce........ ;D

I actually ate so much raw albacore few weeks ago I had some minor stomach issues....was totally worth it

Alto Mare

Very nice Alan.
I think I have a good idea why you decided to fillet the fish this time, you didn't want to press your luck during your anniversary week ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

Nice work Alan.
Looks like a great day - and well earned too ;)
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

wallacewt

well done alan,our 5 day trip had to be cancelled,big seas,wind,storms,we,ve got the lot.

Westii

looks like a great trip.  Nice boat too.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

nice catch, the sea god was on your side this time around. thanks for sharing...