Bermuda trip

Started by Westii, September 21, 2012, 08:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westii

Had business meetings in Bermuda this week and was able to get out one day offshore to the Challenger and Argus banks.  Plan was to catch wahoo and yft trolling, but no luck.  So, we anchored over a reef area and caught amberjack, triggerfish, red hind, and even a tiger shark in the 8 foot range.  It was satisfying getting the shark boat side, but the fight was long and painful.  Lots of other misc reef fish too.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Westii

Quote from: Keta on September 21, 2012, 08:54:49 PM
Nice reef donkey!

Thanks.  It definitely lived up to the nickname.  Sore arms by days end.  Caught some smaller amberjack butterfly jigging with a Shimano Saragosa 14000 on a Trevala jigging rod which worked very well, but didn't help the sore arm situation. 

Alto Mare

Looks like you had some fun Westii, very nice.
Thanks for sharing.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

Great stuff Rick - that amberjack is a cracker.
Well done, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wallacewt

didnt catch what you wanted but still a good day
nice rod&reel.cheers

HOLEINTHEWATER

NICE PIC. LOOKS LIKE FUN.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

looked you had fun though. thanks for sharing...

Steve-O

Any fishing trip is a win IMO! Nice pics. Thanks for sharing!

Ron Jones

Quote from: Westii on September 21, 2012, 08:42:25 PMIt was satisfying getting the shark boat side, but the fight was long and painful.

Brother, that's my kind of time killing pain!!

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

john2244

Thanks for the pictures and report.  Nice fish !!!
John