My "WORKSHOP"

Started by Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B, September 24, 2012, 01:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

prepped my reels last friday for saturday fishing... :D

Bryan Young

That's a beautiful work bench Mel. 

Is that one of Pete K's handles?  Did you drill out the handle to make it lighter?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

Nice.  I want to do that, but the best way to have it centered is on a lathe, but with the shaft, it throws off the balance and am afraid that the handle will go flying.  I have to find another way to use a drill press instead.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

kamuwela

nice shop looks like granite, even has a sink, kool.

Irish Jigger

Quote from: Bryan Young on September 24, 2012, 05:38:44 PM
do that, but the best way to have it centered is on a lathe, but with the shaft, it throws off the balance and am afraid that the handle will go flying.Nice.  I want to   I have to find another way to use a drill press instead.

Clamp a block of hardwood to drill press table.
Drill a hole in the wood block to accept the handle o/dia and deep enough to allow the handle shaft to rest on the wood.
Fit handle to hole in hardwood block.(Clamp shaft to wood to secure if necessary.)
Change drill to the size required in order to lighten  handle.
Drill to the required depth.
Remove handle from wood block,reverse and drill opposite end.   

Ron Jones

Bryan,

I can get a few done for you when you come out in October.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

nice.  i had thought of that, but the weight change for the extra cost didn't seem like it was worth it. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!