Danube river trip Cat's Elbow (Cotul Pisicii) 26 August 2012

Started by Tile, September 24, 2012, 08:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tile

Together with my brother, sister-in-law and my cousins I went on a short fishing trip on the Danube downstream of the Cat's Elbow (Cotul Pisicii). The 200 degree bend is called the Cat's Elbow ofter the the old name of the  Grindu village which is located nearby. We started by setting our gear and casting the rigs into the Danube in an attempt to catch wels catfish using black earthworms for bait (the welsies really  love the black earthworms). I managed to catch a small wels catfish and after about an hour there was no take on the stationary tackle. I decided to break out the spinning rod and reel, mounted a twister and a wire trace and started casting like crazy. Not long the asps (Aspius aspius) started to bite and I caught 10 of them and soon after my brother followed suit and caught the same number of asps as me. The heat started to set in and we had to return home.

In solid fiberglass we trust

redsetta

Nice work Tile - looks like an idyllic spot to cast a line.
Like the sunhat too ;) ;D
Better luck next time re: the big catfish.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Tile

Next time I will try to do a night fishing session or to hire a boat and start cloncking. The clonck is an instrument that imitates the sound of a surface feeding wels. The technique involves the use of a boat stationed above a deep place in the river and having baited rigs close to the bottom of the deep place and attracting the wels catfish to the baited rigs with the use of the clonck.
This video explains the technique http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am8rCBjRbS8&feature=related

Alto Mare

Very nice Tile, good to see you're getting out there. There is always next time, for the big one.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Tile on September 24, 2012, 10:28:26 PM
Next time I will try to do a night fishing session
Good, maybe you'll keep the shirt on at night ;D ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

wallacewt

thanks tile,
something like that just might work on the barramundi at night.
worth a try.

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on September 24, 2012, 11:32:56 PM
Quote from: Tile on September 24, 2012, 10:28:26 PM
Next time I will try to do a night fishing session
Good, maybe you'll keep the shirt on at night ;D ;D.
Sal:  Tile is just showing off his 12 pack abs.   ;D  Good job Tile.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tile

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tile

The umbrella hat is very practical because it can be folded and kept in the tackle bag  :).

Alto Mare

Quote from: Tile on September 25, 2012, 12:20:38 PM
I need to go to a gym to get myself in a better shape :) .
Tile, if you could see me you would say look who's talking ;D All in good fun buddy ;).
Sal

Tile

No problems at all   :) . I wanted to share my fishing experiences with the whole community  :) .

Alto Mare

I always enjoy your posts ;).
Sal

George4741

Quote from: Tile on September 25, 2012, 12:20:38 PM
I need to go to a gym to get myself in a better shape :) .

I DO go to the gym and I look about the same. ;)  It's good to see you getting out and enjoying yourself.  And about the small catch, no biggie.  It is all about the journey, not the destination.
  George
viurem lliures o morirem

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!