Main Menu

Hello all!

Started by UKChris, September 26, 2012, 02:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UKChris

I have stumbled across this site almost by accident searching for some information. But what a mine of fantastic knowledge I have found, so much so that I had to register straight away. So, a quick thank you to all who have posted so much here that I am looking forward to reading in the days, months and probably years ahead,followed by an apology for all the questions I may be asking!

You may guess from my name that I'm in the UK and by way of quick comment, I like trying to get big game reels to work! That means by servicing them and also by using them... though I tend to do more of the former than the latter, sadly.

UKChris

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Irish Jigger

Hello Chris and welcome aboard.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

saltydog

Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

redsetta

Welcome aboard Chris - hope you enjoy Alan's place.
Quote...though I tend to do more of the former than the latter, sadly.
You and me both buddy ;)
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

ossipeter

Hello Chris, welcome from Bavaria/Germany

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to  Mr. Tani's neighborhood...

Bryan Young

Cheers UKChris. 

Welcome to the neighborhood.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

kamuwela

aloha and welcome from hawaii

UKChris

Thank you all for the warm welcome  :).

As you may have seen, I've dismantled a Penn 80STW, but reassembly will have to wait a while - kitchen to paint first! I'll try to remember to take some pictures.

Then I have an 80T with a funny habit of hopping into 'Free', but I already have the answer from you kind folks here. After that, I need to check out some of my other reels as I discovered a Tiagra 50 has the bellville washers in the wrong way round - now fixed thanks to you chaps. A goldmine of information...

And I'm off to Australia at the weekend for a few days (!) and no chance to go fishing  :'(, but I will call into the shop in Sydney I know and where I bought the best ever marlin lure a few years ago to see if they have another.

Chris