Aloha from Ewa Beach, Hawaii

Started by Bruddah Bill, September 27, 2012, 08:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruddah Bill

Quote from: alantani on September 28, 2012, 06:40:02 AM
is that abalone inlay?  i vaguely recall that martin guitars had that is some of their guitars.
That is abalone inlay, and you're on right track with it being a Martin & Co.  I won't spoil it by telling the model number, hoping someone will be able to nail it just by looking.
Owner & Manager
Ewa Beach Buy & Sell
HiFishGear.com

alantani

i played guitar when i was in high school.  i still have and old martin d35 and a gibson lg3 that have sat in a case for almost 40 years...... :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bruddah Bill

Quote from: alantani on September 28, 2012, 06:46:12 AM
i played guitar when i was in high school.  i still have and old martin d35 and a gibson lg3 that have sat in a case for almost 40 years...... :-\
Those are some quality guitars you're sitting on... might be a good idea to have them appraised and insured, or at least tuned and played for old time's sake.  
Owner & Manager
Ewa Beach Buy & Sell
HiFishGear.com

Bryan Young

Ah, a Martin 1950/1960s K5 (cannot tell what pegs the ukulele has).  I would love to have that ukulele. It would go great with my 1940s K1.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bruddah Bill

Quote from: Bryan Young on September 28, 2012, 07:03:11 AM
Ah, a Martin 1950/1960s K5 (cannot tell what pegs the ukulele has).  I would love to have that ukulele. It would go great with my 1940s K1.

I figured you would get it... two different appraisals had it as a 30's to 40's Martin 5K.  Hard to nail down the year because they never serial numbered the Ukuleles.  It had been refinished in the 70's which brought down the value but I was able to sell it quickly.  It was a pleasure to own a piece of history even if it was for a just a couple of weeks.  
Owner & Manager
Ewa Beach Buy & Sell
HiFishGear.com

Bryan Young

Wow, I wonder how much I could get my K1 for.  Original.  Looks brand spanking new.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Quote from: alantani on September 28, 2012, 06:46:12 AM
I would love to see you play, could you do a little short video on youtube, maybe you could wear that lucky fishing hat of yours while playing. I bet it would get lots of hits, Just don't forget to use a little Cal's on the strings to get them smoother ;D

Speaking of hawaii, 27 year ago today I honymooned at the Hyatt Regency, in Maui....time flys when having fun.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.