Aloha from Ewa Beach, Hawaii

Started by Bruddah Bill, September 27, 2012, 08:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruddah Bill

Just wanted to start by saying this is an awesome site, I've been lurking for a while checking out upgrades and your reel collections. 

I own a Pawn shop in my hometown that also serves as the neighborhood tackle-shop.  Because of my line of work, I come across a lot of used reels, trying my best not to keep them all for myself. 

I'll post some pics later of some of my favorite reels, but I'll start with my new favorite medium-game shorecasting reel.

It's a Jigmaster 505HS (Painted Logo) with a new silver P20 Tibby frame and what I figure is an older 4/0 power handle that I'm still thinking of replacing.

Mahalo for all the great reads, looking forward to learning and sharing more!

-Bill
Owner & Manager
Ewa Beach Buy & Sell
HiFishGear.com

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood...

Bryan Young

Aloha Bruddah Bill,

E komo mai.  I know of your shop, but have never had a chance to visit.  I know that you have had some interesting reels come through your store.  I hope to stop on by when I go home.

I am no longer allowed to visit Pawn shops back home because I am told I have way too many ukuleles for 2 hands to play :( ??? :( ??? :( ???

Don't hesitate to ask questions if you need help. We are here to kokua.

Aloha,
Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Makule

Aloha Bill.  E komo mai.  Good to see you here.  One day, I will come and visit.

Bryan, I am still looking for a good ukulele if you have an extra.  Mine don't sound quite the way I want (might have something to do with the hands that play them, however).
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Nessie Hunter

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Ron Jones

How do Bruddah Bill,

I have frequented your store, and bought your tacle. In fact, you've rigged my rod fow whipping. I didn't think you were into casting anything but spinners, welcome the dark side. If their is something you need to know about reels, you can find it here.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Dominick

Quote from: Makule on September 27, 2012, 04:24:36 PM
Aloha Bill.  E komo mai.  Good to see you here.  One day, I will come and visit.

Bryan, I am still looking for a good ukulele if you have an extra.  Mine don't sound quite the way I want (might have something to do with the hands that play them, however).

Aloha Bill:  Welcome. 
What's "perfect pitch"?  When you throw the ukulele into the garbage can without hitting the rim. BaDoonBoom.  ;D 
What's the difference between a violin and a fiddle?  Who cares as long as it is not a ukulele.   ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Welcome Bill, that's one nice reel that you're showing.

Dominick, you're nuts...but I love you ;).  BTW have you notice that these Gentlemen use "E Komo mai" a lot, you know if the word started with the "c" instead of the "k" it would  means " how come" in italian :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

saltydog

Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on September 28, 2012, 12:09:59 AM
Welcome Bill, that's one nice reel that you're showing.
Dominick, you're nuts...but I love you ;).  BTW have you notice that these Gentlemen use "E Komo mai" a lot, you know if the word started with the "c" instead of the "k" it would  means " how come" in italian :-\
Sal:  Hawaiians are no different then the rest of the world.  There are Italians and those who wish they were Italian.   ;) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Hawaiians are some of my favorite people Dominick, I was there a few times and made some friends.  I just thought it was funny on how close to the italian language that phrase is.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

kamuwela

aloha bill thanks for joining. are you from ewa beach pawn?

Bruddah Bill

Mahalo for the warm welcome everyone...

Quote from: noyb72 on September 27, 2012, 10:28:16 PM
How do Bruddah Bill,

I have frequented your store, and bought your tacle. In fact, you've rigged my rod fow whipping. I didn't think you were into casting anything but spinners, welcome the dark side. If their is something you need to know about reels, you can find it here.

Ron

Howzit Ron, glad to hear that I helped you with your whipping set-up... hope it caught you some fish.  Be sure to say Hi next time you're in.

Quote from: kamuwela on September 28, 2012, 03:28:13 AM
aloha bill thanks for joining. are you from ewa beach pawn?

Yeah, it's Ewa Beach Buy & Sell... but it turns out everyone calls us Ewa Beach Pawn so we roll with it.

In regards to Ukuleles.... I've noticed that many of my customers who share my appreciation of vintage reels also have an interest in vintage Ukuleles, go figure.  Luckily, I like Ukulele's but don't have an interest in collecting them.  I did however come across something awesome last year that I thought you guys would get a kick out of...  I'll see if you guys would be able to tell what it is from the pic.
Owner & Manager
Ewa Beach Buy & Sell
HiFishGear.com

alantani

is that abalone inlay?  i vaguely recall that martin guitars had that is some of their guitars.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!