A Few Jigmasters

Started by Keith K, September 29, 2012, 02:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith K

I got a 500 and a 501 pretty cheap and wanted to narrow 'em up.  Got some goods from Alan and Dawn...

This will help...

500-501 conversion, 505-506 conversion, 500 with Newell 332 kit, 500 with Tiburon frame, Newell 322 (cousins right?)  ;D

Bill B

Good job....any difficulty mating the handles to the arms and to the sleeve?...also noticed the "parts bins" knida looked like momma's good china ::)..keep up the good work and make sure to put the toothbrush back before someone notices it missing ;D
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Keith K

Quote from: TARFU on September 29, 2012, 02:35:41 PM
Good job....any difficulty mating the handles to the arms and to the sleeve?

The machining is tight.  Zero play, so at first I thought they wouldn't fit, but they are perfect.  The handle nut snugged them down.

Quote from: TARFU on September 29, 2012, 02:35:41 PM
?...also noticed the "parts bins" knida looked like momma's good china ::)..keep up the good work and make sure to put the toothbrush back before someone notices it missing ;D

Shhhh!   ;D

alantani

yeah, forgot to mention, they are cut with a water jet, the the cuts are all slightly beveled.  nice looing reels!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Very nice job Keith, those handles really bring them out.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

saltydog

Great job now put them up against some fish and win.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

redsetta

Nice work Keith - thanks for sharing.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

good job! thanks for sharing...

Bryan Young

Nice work Keith.  I've done the same for some other reels.  Even though Alan whats to redesign those arms, I like them.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

George4741

Nice!  Perfect examples of the ideal jigmaster. 

Quote from: Bryan Young on October 01, 2012, 01:53:08 PM
Even though Alan whats to redesign those arms, I like them.

Hmmm, I didn't know Alan has those arms.  I'll admit, though, I prefer the "Khanh Tran Special" style arms.
viurem lliures o morirem

Keith K

Quote from: Bryan Young on October 01, 2012, 01:53:08 PM
Nice work Keith.  I've done the same for some other reels.  Even though Alan whats to redesign those arms, I like them.

Yeah...Alan, the arms are cool to me.  What would you like to see different?

alantani

i would have preferred the same arm style as the penn jigmaster power handle.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

I'd like to see the arms like the Newells.  I think it adds leverage due to the elbow in the arm at points where you may have less leverage.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D