22nd Annual Monterey Bay Disabled Veteran's Rock Cod Derby

Started by Bryan Young, October 01, 2012, 05:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

After coming back from Arizona, I had a wonderful birthday dinner with the family at our favorite sushi bar/Japanese Restaurant, Sushi Zono.

Then off to our local cupcake place for my birthday cupcake.

Tired from the long trip, finally made it to Monterey Bay at 5:50 am.
Loaded the guys, tackle, and food...okay, the young arm services in the aread did that and off we went.

An hour or so later, we were fishing and fishing.

and on our way back, we were lucky to see some dolphins.

It awas a pretty slow day, and only one person didn't catch any fish.  He had to end his day early due to mustle spasms from sitting in his sheelchair for so long without any movement.

I'm am proud to have been able to service them along with Dante and his son from Outcast.

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

Looks fantastic,

I do a lot with an organization called the Sub Vets. Unbelievable stories and fantastic people all around. I'd love to put something like that together. Especially since I'll be their someday.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Alto Mare

Beautiful thing Bryan, a well-deserved trip for those guys... and gals, I believe I spotted one young lady. Also very nice for Dante and his son from the Outcast to help make it possible.

Btw, happy birthday Bryan..... You have a beautiful family ;)

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

happy birthday bryan! that's a beautiful family you have...

Bryan Young

That young lady is in the Airforce and was the center of attention for sure.  She was their daughter giving advice and listening to hear story as to why she chose the Airforce, what she will be doing.  It was very nice.  These solders are pure gentlemen, and I know they would give their lives for their fellow American even to this day.

The rest on our boat were comprised of service men from all branches, and the trash talk went on through out the day.  The main differences that I see with these guys is that they can take the trash talk and no one started throwing blows.  No egos to fight against here unless it was who caught the largest and most fish. ;D

I'd do it again, and when my kids are old enough, would glady bring them aboard.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

redsetta

Great stuff Bryan - and happy birthday!
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Bryan Young

Thank you for the Birthday wishes.  Very much appreciated.

Danhans

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

HOLEINTHEWATER

Happy birthday,and a great job. I turned 65 while I was at Powell on my last trip. Where in ARIZONA did you go? If your out here again, let me know and we can go drown some worms. I've also got a 18.5 ft Tracker.

This is on Roosevelt lake.

saltydog

Happy birthday it's always great to get out with family.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur