Abu Garcia 7001i

Started by rajat, October 03, 2012, 12:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rajat

Hi I am really feeling stupid to post this but this is the problem . I wanted to service my Abu Garcia 7001i and took it apart some how i did it completely wrong and landed up totally confused i really have no idea how to put it back need desperate help uploading the picture for references
Amateur but mad about fishing

Tile

In solid fiberglass we trust

Keta

Keep us informed and if we can help we will.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

rajat

Thanks guys I am not very good at understanding the schematic and i have it already still i will again give it a try and see where i can go with it

Keta

I wish I had one of these so I could walk you through it but someone here will be able to help.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tile

Pull the maingear and drag stack of the gearsleeve, then attachthe antireverse dog to its ratchet and slide the whole assembly on the sleeve post and the antireverse post (the antireverse dog). After that you can slide the maingear and drag stack on the sleeve followed by the belleviles and antireverse bearing inner sleeve.

rajat

Ok guys I have reached here so far

rajat

I still don't know what to do with these three parts which is the last pic above

Keta

The pin on the arm and at lest one spring looks like go into the plastic gear piece attached to the disengagement lever on the side plate.  The arm goes under the gear and engages the flange at the bottom of the gear sleeve.
You will have to put the lever in the proper position and install the side plate.

This is just a semi educated guess.

Mark Twain

alantani

i do not have one to photograph.  take a look at this one. 

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=1027.0
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

rajat

Thanks guys to be with me Am i there at all because the  schematic is just too confusing this is what i have achieved so far

Tile

The disengaging lever is held in place to the ratchet with a screw. Use a spanner and undo the disengaging lever screw. Then put the ratchet on its post and mesh it with the yoke lifter and the steel arm.  After that put the sideplate and check for proper function before bolting everything together.

Tile

In the end the geartrain should look like the pictures in this topic http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=2116.0  :)