Penn Senator 3/0 re-build

Started by cyanredagain, October 04, 2012, 12:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyanredagain

Now that I have figured out how to post pics, Here is my Penn Senator 3/0 also known as the 112. It is very old. I got it around 89 and it was used then. I have finally given it the attention it has needed for a long time. With the help info from the users of this site, Alan's Penn 111 tutorial and a bunch of email help from Alan, I have cleaned, lubed, upgraded and rebuilt my first reel successfully. I have wrecked a few others unfortunately trying the same thing LOL. I got a lot of history with this reel and the 25 year old Silstar crowbar it is bolted to. It's been a while but this rig is going to catch some more lings and hali's.

Jaredbolen

Nice rig. Now I know what lings are, we call them cobia here, but what are halis?

Keta

Quote from: Jaredbolen on October 04, 2012, 01:22:03 AM
Nice rig. Now I know what lings are, we call them cobia here, but what are halis?

On the west coast lings = lingcod, not cobia,  halis = halibut
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

George4741

That's a nice looking senator you have there.  I don't see many of them around.
viurem lliures o morirem

saltydog

Nice reel,have a few 112's and love them.Nice work.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

cyanredagain

Jaredbolen,

as Keta stated Lingcod and Halibut respectively....I guess I should be more aware of the international aspect of this forum  :P

I was stationed in Exmouth, Australia for four years and battled my share and then some of the mighty cobia. In fact, this senator was
acquired while in Australia from a departing sailor. I bought the rod at a local tackle shop.

Jaredbolen

Thanks for the info fellas. I've yet to battle either fish but would love too someday.