Son's first fishing trip

Started by Bryan Young, October 06, 2012, 06:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Well, a while back, I bought a deal of a fishing trip with RANDY'S FISHING and WHALE WATCHING TRIPS OF MONTEREY BAY
http://www.randysfishingtrips.com/ on Travel Zoo.  A friend of mine bought 6 can could only use 4 so he sold me the 2 extra.  I took advantage of this and took my family on Thursday, October 4, 2012.  This will be my son's first fishing trip on a boat.  There were 2 party boats available, Sur Randy and the Chubasco.  I was on Chubasco and though it would be great to be back on board that boat again, but was assigned Sir Randy.  I'm glad because Chubasco had probably 30 or so customers on board and we had maybe 20.  So we had a lot more room to play.  Our boat seemed to have a mix of fisherman, new and a few experienced.  This was good as many were very understanding of 3 kids running around wanting to see what was being caught.  So, here's our day.

We started out of Monterey Fisherman's Wharf at 6:30.  Our first stop, about 1 hour outside of the harbor, around the point towards Carmel.  We dropped in our lines

and low and behold, my daughter gets the boat's first double

She stayed on deck for about 30 more minutes, catching and reeling in fish and decided that she was tired and out

My son, on the other hand, wanted to see what was being caught instead of fishing, so he got to witness

Then he was tired and retired as well

Well, with both kids out like a light, Kehli and I become fishing machines to fill their catch as well.  Kehli caugh 22

Well, the highlights is that Kehli caught the biggest Blue that the decky, captain, and I have ever seen in a very long time.  She also caught the largest vermillion, and I caught my first keeper ling cod.

We ended the day having dinner with our new family friends.  Family, fish, friends, and food.  What else could we ask for?  Good weather?  Yeah, we had that too.  Hope we can do it again sometime.  Maybe Crabs and Dabs!

Also wanted to add that RANDY'S FISHING and WHALE WATCHING TRIPS OF MONTEREY BAY has been an awesome..  Their participation with the Monterey Bay Disabled Veterans and this family trip was extremely enjoyable.  Definitely disabled and kids friendly.  Good for first-timers as well.  We limited with 10 fish each for the customers, captain and decky.  Also 5 lings on board.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

kamuwela

you are a good man bryan thats a trip they will remember for life

Ron Jones

Never anything like fishing with kids, except when they pass out and let you go fishing!

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Alto Mare

X2 on both comments above ;).
Sorry that Mrs Young caught more fish, don't feel bad, there is always next time ;D.
Thanks for sharing Bryan.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

saltydog

Taking the kids is always a pleasure,they will remember it for a lifetime.Looks like you had a great trip.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Dominick

Good job.  Congratulations.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

George4741

Quality time with the family.  It looks like all had fun.  And your daughter has a Kolekar grip on her reel.  Nice.
viurem lliures o morirem

bluefish69

Taking my Son fishing was a ton of fun back then. We mostly Flounder fished & at 4 yo he was puting the worms on the hooks. That was 38 years ago.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Bryan Young

I had to borrow some fishing gear from Alan 'cause most of my gear does not have any line guides, and that would not be good for my kids.

Mahalos Alan.

I'm so proud of my kids for sticking it out.  Real troopers.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Nessie Hunter

LOL...   I posted on FB and not here & was just looking for my post!!!   LOL

Anyway, awesome Quality Family time Bryan..
Families that fish together stay together, good job. 
Keep them close buddy..   Time slips away so fast!!!!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

john2244

Great trip with the kids Bryan. That is quality time that no one will forget.  As already stated they grow up FAST enjoy them as much as you can.
John

redsetta

Great post Bryan.
Thanks for sharing.
All the best to you and yours, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

wallacewt

HOLEINTHEWATER

GREAT POST. DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain