Main Menu

Aloha!

Started by ahinahina, October 07, 2012, 07:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahinahina

Aloha everyone! My name is Hoala, I'm from Maui, Hawaii. I've been in and out of this site many times. Ive been into slide-bait and baitcasting for Ulua for a long time now and always stop by here when servicing my reels. I use 4/0 and comparable sized star-drag conventionals from Penn, Shimano, Daiwa, and Newell. Im also getting into fishing for pelagics from my Hobie Adventure so have been looking into the lever drag reel market for a pair that stand-out. So far top contenders are the Shimano TLD2, Okuma Cedros, and the Penn Squalls with the Cedros at the top if not beyond budget. I service all of my reels myself, however aside from just a cleaning and lubing, the most Ive ever done to upgrading is a couple new handles and magging them. I have the same user name on the Hawaii Fishing Forum and Aquahunters Forum. Looking forward to talking story with all you guys, Aloha!

Cone

Welcome Hoala, I know I can learn a lot from you.
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Dominick

Aloha: from Haole, Shark Bait,  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

Welcome from the South Pacific Hoala.
Quote...the most Ive ever done to upgrading is a couple new handles and magging them.
You're doing alright mate! ;)
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Irish Jigger

Welcome Hoala, you have many compatriots here.

Bill B

Welcome to the darkside...we have cookies!!!!! especially chocolate chip...
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Nessie Hunter

Welcome................... ;D
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Bryan Young

E komo mai Hoala.

Glad to have another local on board.  Hope you can teach us a thing or two, and share your catches and adventures.

Aloha,
Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

kamuwela

aloha hoala mahalo for joining

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

saltydog

Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Makule

Aloha.  E komo mai.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood...

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!