jigging trip south tanzania, songo songo islands and kilwa masoko

Started by trishul, October 12, 2012, 01:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trishul

hello everyone hope u all been well, finally after months of waiting and reordering new jigs, lines, tackle and reel parts from all over the place the time is very near. on nov 10 i will drive 350kms to kilwa masoko for a 6 day trip with my brother, we are really looking forward for this one as that place apparently has mad fish. i will post a detailed report n pics after the trip

thanks
Trishul

saltydog

Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

redsetta

x2.
Good luck Trishul - good to hear you're getting out there!
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

trishul

thanks guys, just got back this sunday evening and had an amazing trip, ok i dint get my monster gt or doggie 0r ruby snapper but g0t sum amazing fish 0n light jigging with 30lb and 50lb braid and g0t my face rubbed 0n the reef while using my light 0utfits many times s0 its 0nly fair i say we did have 0ur chance at the m0nsters, must say i have learnt al0t this trip fr0m the guys at the l0dge esp 0ur g00d skipper mr warren this is the 2nd jigging trip 0f many t0 c0me. enj0y the pics, thanks

ossipeter

Killerbug

Nice pics, a friend of mine just left for Tanzania today with tree Stellas that I gave a major overhaul.  It seems as Popping trashes even Stellas quite easy.
http://forum.esoxhunt.dk
-----------------------------
They say Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.
You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time

Westii

Great pictures.  Thanks for sharing.  Maybe no "monsters", but those are quality fish.

Killerbug

Quote from: Westii on November 21, 2012, 03:42:30 PM
Great pictures.  Thanks for sharing.  Maybe no "monsters", but those are quality fish.

I think this is a desent Trevally, Trevallys of this size are not so common anymore due to overfishing.

john2244

trishul

Hi killerbug any reel can be wasted with sea fish like gts n doggies and with speed jiggig... i had no issues this time with the reels but the 4000 dsnt feel the same as new.... those are small gts for tz standards i lost big ones and another group got a 35kg on popping but you have to go far for the big ones

Killerbug

Quote from: trishul on November 21, 2012, 06:48:29 PM
Hi killerbug any reel can be wasted with sea fish like gts n doggies and with speed jiggig... i had no issues this time with the reels but the 4000 dsnt feel the same as new.... those are small gts for tz standards i lost big ones and another group got a 35kg on popping but you have to go far for the big ones

What reels did you use?

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

redsetta

Great trip Trishul - well done and thanks for sharing.
Africa's an amazing place.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Trishul:  That looks like one fine trip.  Congratulations.  Tell me you did not get in water with hippos did you? 
Congratulations on your engagement.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.