Hello from Georgia

Started by coonhound, October 17, 2012, 08:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coonhound

Hey Guys,

What a wealth of information!  I've been tearing down my own reels I got my first Zebco.... and at that age, more tearing up than fixing up!  As my great uncle used to say, "all these kids always messin' up, never cleanin' up!"  Well, if it had screws, I was trying to figure out how it ticked.  I always saved my money and bought Penn SS reels- I still have every one that I ever bought.  (It looks like some of you have every reel you've ever seen!  ;D)

Anyway, I've always known how to repair and maintain my reels, but had no clue about all of the fantastic modding you guys are doing- very very cool. 

Look forward to learning more from all of you.

-Will (coonhound)

Irish Jigger

saltydog

Welcome from Texas,not every reel we've ever seen just the ones we can get past the wives.But then there is always storage. ;D
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

coonhound

When I first met my wife, she asked why I needed more than one reel.  "You only have two hands..." she says.  I just smiled and thought.... "Oh Dear."

But now she has a horse, so I can't possibly out spend her! 

bluefish69

Welcome aboard from up North in N.Y.

Guys I have my wife believing the reels [ Newell's] are collector items. She can make the price I paid + when I gone. She doesn't say a word.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Cone

"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

redsetta

Welcome Will.
Look forward to seeing a few pics of your collection ;)
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Bill B

Welcome from Northern California at least right now...long story but Northern California is seeing me as much as Southern California,,,,anyway welcome to the darkside...we have cookies ;D  especially chocolate chip :P
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

welcome, will.  you'll find that being able to strip these reels down really will make you a better fisherman!  anything you need, let us know.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

kamuwela

ACDIII

Hello Will, what city in GA?

Andy
Marietta, GA

bb2fish

Yay, another new guy...welcome to the reel community.

Alto Mare

Quote from: coonhound on October 17, 2012, 08:25:43 PM
When I first met my wife, she asked why I needed more than one reel.  "You only have two hands..." she says.  I just smiled and thought.... "Oh Dear."

But now she has a horse, so I can't possibly out spend her! 
You could, if you try hard enough ;).
Welcome aboard Will, Sal from PA.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Nessie Hunter

Welcome aboard.....

With a name like Coonhound I would think you do more then fish!!   ;D
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!