Think This Grease Would be Suitable for Reel Use?

Started by Consigliere, October 15, 2012, 11:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consigliere

Was looking up info on reel servicing and this site continued to pop up so I joined.  I have a few shimano trolling and casting baicasters that I'm trying to learn how to service myself.  I have cheap access to this industrial grease in the link.  Think this product would be suitable for reel use?  Synthetic Hydrocarbon Oil with Lithium Soap.  cst of 18.

http://www.klubersolutions.com/pdfs/Klubersynth%20LG%2044-32-T.pdf

Any thoughts on suitability for carbon tex washers and general greasing needs when servicing Shimano reels?  It is off the same colour as Shimano drag grease if that is of any benefit?

Cone

It would probably be ok for use in all but the carbon fiber drags. You really should buy a product such as Cal's for the drag washers.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Dominick

Quote from: Consigliere on October 15, 2012, 11:53:35 PM
Was looking up info on reel servicing and this site continued to pop up so I joined. 

Consigliere:  the reason this site kept popping up is that it has the best and most up to date info on reel repair and modification.  BTW welcome to the site.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Welcome Consigliere. You mind me asking where you're from?
Enjoy your stay.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

saltydog

Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on October 16, 2012, 03:06:29 AM
Welcome Consigliere. You mind me asking where you're from?
Enjoy your stay.
Sal

Sal is looking for more Abruzzesei. ;D  Dominick

;D I'm Molisano....but we're all brothers ;)
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

i could tell for sure, but it looks like this is NOT a teflon based grease, so i would not put it on drag washers.  it would probably be ok for the rest of the reel.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!