Salt and Pepper
½ medium onion
½ lemon or orange Juice
Butcher's Twine
½ can beer
Chili Powder

Clean out the giblets from inside the bird, rinse and pat dry
Sprinkle all spices inside the cavity of the bird
Empty ½ the beer (you decide how ) put the onion, lemon and orange juice in the can
Rub oil on the outside of the bird and season with the spices listed above, place on the beer can stand and truss the bird with the twine

Put the bird on the grill and smoke approx.. 4 hours until the thigh reads 190 degrees

Remove from the grill, let stand approx.. 10 inutes and crave

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

saltydog

Looks great had some for dinner tonight also.Good recipie.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

broadway

You carved it... I craved it ;)
Nice looking drunk chicken!
Dom

mhc

Hi Tarfu,
Looks like a great recipe and way to cook chooks. I'm not familiar with the smoking/grill arrangement in the 3rd photo - is the smaller drum to the right the source of smoke piped through the heated larger grill containing, and cooking, the chook? By the way, your enthusiasm for food is infectious - thanks for sharing, Michael   
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Nessie Hunter

Drooling here!!!    Sure looks good...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Bryan Young

Ok, I gotta try that.  I guess I'll marinate in the 1/2 can of beer.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

bluefish69

Bryan

Forester's Beer is 24oz. This could get interesting.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Bill B

MCH...the grill is made by Char-Griller---and you're correct the small barrel on the right holds the charcoal/wood chunks and passes through to the large barrel...or you can use the large barrel as a direct cooker...I like char-griller because the cooking grates are cast iron and the whole unit holds the heat well...been able to smoke a pork shoulder (using the small side to hold the  hours)charcoal and smoking chip and smoked for for.  I burned the first bbq up using mesquite charcoal and this is my second grill...I like to smoke at approx.  185 degrees until the meats the proper temp...headed home to SoCal right now and the kids are screaming for some BBQ.....think I might have some New York steaks and hard winter squash....and Thanks to everyone for following my culinary disasters and travels....I've always believed if it's worth cooking, it'll be better on the BBQ ;D
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!