Shimano Mig z 1000

Started by Dave RI, October 23, 2012, 02:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave RI

I was given a Shimano Mig z 1000 or soemthing like this the numbers are pretty worn it seems to be missing a part for the drag under the drag nut , would anyone have a schematic for this reel or tell me where i might find one ? I am curious wht goes under the drag nut to lock down the drag . Thanks

Dave

Nessie Hunter

That seems to be a JDM Spinning reel...
I dont read Japanese - so cant get the schematic up at Shimano...

If I read your post right;
If the Drag washers are just loose under the Spool nut, they typically have a Wire keeper that fits in a groove.  Sort of Hex shaped.   I am sure any reel of the same Shimano brand and 1000 size would probably fit..   If you have a local Tackle repair shop, you might drop in (with the reel) and have them look at it...???    They probably have the keeper wire available also..

In my opinion, the drag washers will stay in place with the slightest pressure from the nut...
If they nut falls out they may also fall out but otherwise your probably OK to fish it till you find the part....

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!