Chesapeake Bay in late October

Started by Alto Mare, October 25, 2012, 01:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Went down to the Chesapeake to get my boat and bring it up for some salt water striper fishing...need to catch up to Broadway as he's ready to retire his boat for the season  ::) Took Pop along for the ride. It was a gorgeous day so we fished a bit. Pop had a great day...of course, at 80 yrs. old any day on the water with his favorite son-in-law is a great day! Each cast brought in a Catfish on the bottom hook and a Perch on top. This went on steady for about 3 hours...the old man got a workout from those monster Catfish! The smallest was about 24 inches. As Pop likes to eat Perch, we filled the cooler and headed home...boat in tow! Next stop, Jersey Shore for some stripers...watch out Dom!
Here are a couple of shots from the day...

Enjoy!
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ron Jones

Looks like a great day with the Pops!! That's what it's all about.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

HOLEINTHEWATER

NICE CHANNEL CAT. LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF FUN.

Keta

It looks like a nice and fun day on the water.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Cone

it looks like Pops had a great time! Way to go.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

redsetta

QuoteIt looks like a nice and fun day on the water.
x2
Nice work Sal - nothing like fishin' with family.
Thanks for sharing.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Dominick

Hey Sal I looks like fun, no matter what kind of fish are caught.  Fried perch, yumm.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

Is the bay starting to get rough yet?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Irish Jigger

Quote from: Keta on October 25, 2012, 01:30:37 PM

It looks like a nice and fun day on the water.
x2.
Nice customised Spinfisher there Sal,don't see too many of those around. ;)

Bryan Young

That's an awesome day Sal.  Thank you for bringing us aboard.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D