Ono & Ahi Fishing

Started by Bryan Young, October 28, 2012, 05:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Well, I went back home for a few days to celebrate my Grandmother's 100th year birthday (I'll be posting something in the Ohana section shortly).  On Tuesday, October 23, 2012, I got to go fishing out of Waianae with my friend Dean Sensui, Co-Owner, Co-Producer and Camera Man for Channel OC16's #1 outdoors show, Hawaii Goes Fishing http://www.hawaiigoesfishing.com/.  Even though reports indicate that fishing was slow, he was still willing to go out. 

So, we meet up at Waianae Boat Ramp at 6:00 am.  We load the boat, extend the tongue, and head to the ramp.

and drop the boat into the water.

The day was super rough.

and it got rougher

Well, with a day like this, Dean set the lines out

and Captain Dean took the helm

We trolled maybe 4 hours and then decided to do a little bottom fishing only to pick up small moanas.

On our way back in, we spotted a flock of birds working small fry flying fish bait and small aku tuna working the bait pile too.  We trolled around them as well, and no joy as well.  After an hour of chasing, tossing swimbaits, and trolling by the school, we finally called it a day at 4:00.

I had a great time to get out on the water.  Too bad no reel screamers, but it was a great time none the less.  Dean was really working hard.  I was along for the ride this time.  Maybe during the Christmas holidays, we can go out again for some Christmas sashimi and poke.  At least I will know the next time what to do with his rigging and set-up.

THANK YOU DEAN!  It's been years since I was out of Waianae.  I have had great memories and you have continued them.

Anyways, check out Hawaii Goes Fishing on OC16 while in Hawaii or on YouTube.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

redsetta

Still a beautiful day out on the water Bryan - thanks for sharing.
Hawaii is truly paradise.
Happy birthday and congratulations to your Grandmother too - what a milestone!
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

alantani

wow, the water is beautiful!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

HOLEINTHEWATER

GREAT PIC. THE WATER LOOKS SMOOTH. THE LAST TIME I FISHED THE OCEAN, I SPENT HALF THE TIME HANGING OVER THE SIDE OF THE BOAT CHUMMING.

Bill B

Looks like a great day just getting out is half the battle the rest is gravy
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Cone

100 years old is something to celebrate and you got out on the water too. Nothing to complain about there. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD