Problem with penn international 30 vsw

Started by domenico_m, October 31, 2012, 05:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamuwela

looking at his schematic it shows the bellevilles on the end of the pinion and the other shows it on the inside. i think use the lighter springs and put them on the out side of the pinion. the other thin washers look like shims to me and my schematic shows 2 between the drag and spool bearing.

domenico_m

Yes, I made a mistake at the beginning. But then I changed the 4 rings in the correct position. But with the heavy ring, I have a clutch of strike of 8kg with the preset to zero ... What should I do?

I think there is some problem in the clutch. a friend of mine has the same reel and its clutch is very gradual. in my reel if the strike is 7kg(using the originals 4 rings), at the position "3" I only have 2.5kg and from the position 3 to strike the clutch grows immediately.

the handle of the reel works well only if the clutch is over 3kg because under 3 kg buzzer does not turn the coil. if I remove the buzzer works well

kamuwela

where are the shims, thin spacers?  can some one translate for me? buzzer i assume means clicker and bobbin is spool. it sounds like spacing or cam postioning problem. try the softest spring washers on the end of the pinion and move the shims to the drag ( clutch?) side of the spool between drag and bearings. take out the cam and reassemble it as one unit and reinstall. then we will see from there.

domenico_m

i don't have any shims! buzzer is clicker, bobin is spool

Dominick

Quote from: domenico_m on October 31, 2012, 05:12:53 PM
Hi, i've bought today a penn 30 vsw. I have a problem with the crank because sometimes idles without turning the coil with wire. I disassembled the reel following the guide on this site and saw that the four discs that you can clearly see in the figure, are evil because they are mounted on the opposite side of the figure and the instructions in the box of the reel. do you think this may be due to the problem? is wrong as they are mounted in my reel?
thank you very much
Domenico:  If you found the bellville washers in the position as shown in the first photo then that is the correct position as far as I can tell by looking at the schematic.  The photo with the bellevilles in the right side plate is from a 50vsx or w.  That is different.  I have not taken my Penn International 30 apart for a long time.  I suspect that the shims (the thin washers) were placed in the reel to take up some space because of large tolerances.  Try the reel without the shims, although I suspect they should be there.  Good Luck.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

kamuwela

the shims look large in diameter but the schematic shows the shims #82  2 required. it shows them between the drag washer and spool bearing. the older version shows only 1 required, so i assume you have the newer version.