Penn Master Mariner 349HC pros and cons

Started by buitrechico, November 05, 2012, 06:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buitrechico

Sorry George,I misunderstood what you said about the clicker(sometimes my English is not good) You were absolutely right,your own way is not pathetic)   ;D ;D ;D

Richard
Ricardo Dell´Aquila

George4741

Your english is fine, Richard.  I'm just making fun of myself. ;D
viurem lliures o morirem

Bunnlevel Sharker

Now i really wish i would have bought that one i saw today, it was really cool lookin. How much line will the hold?
Grayson Lanier

redsetta

I put 400m of 80lb braid on mine, plus a little 50lb mono undershot.
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Keta

I don't have a line counter to measure how much line I put on my reels but we fish Pacific halibut at 600'-700' using 60lb braid and there is a lot of line left on the spool.  Penn Parts says 350yds of 30lb mono for the 349 (440yds of 30lb mono for the 113H for ref).

I put a little daccron on the spool to keep the Spectra from slipping and then top them with 60lb braid and a 5'-10' 50lb mono topshot.  I've found that 60lb braid works better than 80lb when fishing deep with even a small amount of curent/drift.  We often use 48oz weights and sometimes we can't keep on the bottom.

A 5+1 drag stack is an easy mod and a SS 113H gear sleeve will work, not the same but they work well.  So far I haven't tested a 7+1 349 drag stack on a large fish.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bunnlevel Sharker

Well i am going to try and get that shops number and call him tommorow, i am pretty sure it was a 349hc. Might be my new king reel ;)
Grayson Lanier