Trinidad 14 rt side spool bearing

Started by jimfishes2, November 11, 2012, 01:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimfishes2

I have an older Trini 14. the rt side bearing on the spool is bad. I removed the cross pin but haven't been able to get the bearing off the shaft. I am afraid if I get to heavy on it I will tear up the cast control mech. it sets inside off.  Any suggestions and or tricks ?  Thanks

alantani

get two matching small screwdrivers.  slide them underneath the bearing at opposite sides.  now twist both screwdrivers clockwise slowly and carefully, applying equal upwards pressure to the bearing.  it will come up with equal pressure like this.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

jimfishes2

THX Alan, I have tried that. There just isn't enough room between the bearing and the cast control assemble it sets down into. If I pry against the inner ring of the cast control ####. I am afraid I will destroy it. The parts schematic does not show the bearing or cast control mech. separate from the spool. Just about to pull my hair out (what I have left)

alantani

do you have a gold trinidad or a silver trinidad?

jimfishes2

It is a gold Trini.  But I got it!  Took a Bic lighter warmed up the bearing (careful not to get spool mech hot) then dropped a couple of drops of penetrating oil on the bearing/ shaft. The oil sucked in between the two and the bearing popped free. Once it move a little then no problem. Thanks for getting back Alan

alantani

bluefish69

Now your using trade secrets with the Heating & Spraying. We used that on big valves & studs to remove large snapped studs some up to 1" Dia.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.