Shark Fishing

Started by Squirmypug, November 15, 2012, 09:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squirmypug

Thought some of you might like to see what I spent my summer doing. Hope the vids can be seen, don't really know what I'm doing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6G3wgtOi1k&feature=player_embedded

I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout sharkin'!

Squirmypug

I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout sharkin'!

Keta

Nice.  One thing I noticed is you need to dump a few hundred $ into a good belt and plate.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Squirmypug

I have one, in the vid with me fighting a fish..the belt and plate are near my feet  :-[ I have the braid power play set  :) I don't let others use my set because I'm small and it takes alot to get it to fit me so they use what ever else we have with us.

Keta

That is a good one, I have a Smitty.  BTW, nice bridge gaff, did you make it?

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Squirmypug

Yes, its 3/8" 316 stainless. I tig welded it with 1/16" 316L filler. 1/2" rope on it

Keta

The nice TIG welds caught my eye.

Mark Twain

Squirmypug

Tig welding is what I do the most  ;) Wasn't the best weld but I was in a hurry to get home.

Keta

Clean up the backfill and it will look better.

Mark Twain

Squirmypug

What is backfill? Been welding for a while and never heard of that. Maybe a term used more up north?

Ron Jones

Backfill is what is left of the puddle sitting at the end of your fantastic bead of stacked dimes. Nice work.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Squirmypug

Hmm..always called it a "tit"  ;D  As long as theres not a crater at the end of the weld its good.

Keta

Mark Twain

CapeFish

Good catches. What do you do with the sharks, do you eat them?

Squirmypug

All the other guys eat them, I don't eat fish. We usually only keep blacktips and spinner sharks, the others get released.